Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 70mm stem with an ultra low stack height?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Does anybody make a 70mm stem for 31.8 with a stack height close to 30mm?

BadlyWiredDog

Ragley did a 65mm one that was ultra short i think, Stubbing. Saw one on eBay the other day.

dantsw13

It’s not 70mm, but the Spank Spike comes in 35 & 50 mm with a stack height of just 26mm!! It’s aimed at FR/DH, so plenty strong enough.

Rik
    Free Member

Def need 70 mm…

Scapegoat

On One Ultralight, 35mm

dantsw13

Did you get overexcited with a hacksaw on a steerer??

Rik
    Free Member

No seen some s/h forks I’d like

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s not 70mm, but the Spank Spike comes in 35 & 50 mm with a stack height of just 26mm!! It’s aimed at FR/DH, so plenty strong enough.

Where did you get 26mm from? The website says 35mm.

dantsw13

Maybe the new Spike is 35mm stack. My old (2yrs) one is 26mm stack- single bolt – and 35mm reach.

JoeG
    Free Member
    campfreddie
    Free Member

let me guess… you’ve fallen for these:-

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1124340/

what on earth posessed the guy to cut the steerer down THAT much… i’m not surprised they are fairly cheap as selling them on will always be quite difficult.

very nice fork though… i’ve just sold a pair of 2011 15mm tapered 120mm rlc’s for £230.00 (replaced by a pair of 2011 140mm rl’s (with fit cartridge) which i picked up for £175.00

reggiegasket
    Free Member

SunlineV1 is 65mm long and 30mm stack

br
    Free Member

On the PinkBike bike, I wonder how much actual steerer is in that stem?

neninja
    Free Member

Measured my 65mm Sunline V1 AM and it has a 34mm stack height.

I’ve got a brand new black Ragley Stubbing 60mm stem, matching top cap and handlebars for sale.

It has a super low stack height of only 31mm.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Head tubes do seem to be getting shorter and shoerter these days – especially tapered ones. I had to cut my forks down loads to fit my new Mondraker frame. I could have stacked up the spacers on top of the stem I suppose – but nobody likes doing that do they!

Scapegoat

How about mixing it with a low stack headset? Crank Bros Cobalt has a stack height of 21mm. This pic is of a Stubbing, on a 180mm steerer, on a 110mm Soul headtube, with a Cobalt headset. Room for two 10mm spacers, so you’d definitely get your 170mm steerer home on this, even with a 35mm stack

CRC are doing the Cobalt headset for £18.99. The difference betwen a 65mm and a 70mm stem can be countered by rolling your bars forward a degree or two so don’t limit yourself over 5mm!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘70mm stem with an ultra low stack height?’ is closed to new replies.