Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 700c x 36-38mm Gravel tyre
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Whats out there?

Not intersted in Gravelkings or g-ones.

Must be

Light – sub 470g

Fast rolling but not slicks

Tubeless

Min 120tpi

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m about to press the button on some 700c x 38mm Gravel Kings, but interested to look at any alternatives… watching with interest..

jimdubleyou

WTB Cross Boss? Only a 35, but seems fairly wide when I use it.

I only have it as the Nano I had in my Arkose was just a smidge too big and didn’t want to mix brands.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ritchey Alpine JB WCS. 35mm, but excellent.
    Challenge Gravel Grinder Race or Pro. Latter is 260tpi.

ta11pau1

WTB riddler. Not sure on the tpi, but tubeless, 465g, 37mm.

isoo
    Free Member

Vittoria Terreno dry or zero, come in 35 and 38 mm.

Edit: Oops, no 35mm, apparently. I was quite sure I’d seen them at the LBS.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Just found these, any got any views/experience?

35 or 38mm 120tpi and around 480gm

https://www.freemanscycles.co.uk/bicycle-parts/tyres/kenda-flintridge-pro-folding-gravel-bike-tyre-k1152.html

tinribz
    Free Member

Always found smallblock 8 to be fast rolling, and light. Or look at some semi slicks.

jamesfts
    Free Member

WTB riddler – I bought a bike with these in 38 and they were bloody useless, ripped them to bits and full of holes within weeks.

Swapped to a WTB resolute in 42 and it’s a huge improvement if you’re actually going off road, haven’t noticed any difference in terms of weigh or rolling resistance either though I’m sure they’re heavier.

corroded
    Free Member

Following this thread as I need a robust tyre that is as wide as I can fit in my Grade for Grinduro later this year. Anybody tried Maxxis Ramblers?

ElShalimo

WTB Riddler are great on rocks, flint etc but thorns just kill them. Woe is me and my thorny holed tyres

sturmeyarcher

I’ve been very impressed with Compass Steliacooms. After ten years of going through lots of the more common options, they are the best I’ve found. The best thing is the ride quality; super supple, lots of grip, smooth but not draggy.

https://www.svencycles.com/products/compass-700c-x-38-steilacoom-tc/

trailwagger
    Free Member

I’ve been very impressed with Compass Steliacooms. After ten years of going through lots of the more common options, they are the best I’ve found. The best thing is the ride quality; super supple, lots of grip, smooth but not draggy.

And require a second mortgage to buy a set ! 😲

sturmeyarcher

But they have tan sidewalls!

trailwagger
    Free Member

But they have tan sidewalls!

Proper tan colour as well, not the chocolate brown that gets passed off as tan on most tyres nowadays, stuff it, I`m in! Now I just need to find my mortgage lenders number.

ampthill

Just in case people haven’t seen this

https://granfondo-cycling.com/the-best-gravel-tire/

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

I love the Vittoria Terrano dry in 38mm, it’s like a fast rolling mini mtb tyre. They seem to tubeless up well, with just a track pump and have strong sidewalls so slightly lower pressures are no issue

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘700c x 36-38mm Gravel tyre’ is closed to new replies.