Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 700c wheels into a 26 inch v-brake frame?
  • Northwind

Just sold 3/4s of my Roadrat and found myself looking at the wheels out of it, and my commuter, and wondering if they’ll go… The wheels certainly will fit, lots of space. But it’s got v/canti mounts not discs and obviously the rim’s not in the right place. Googling’s basically confused the matter…

So, tldr version, anyone know if there’s a brake I can use that’ll match 26 inch brake mounts to 700c rims and flat bar brakes? I suspect not but this is the sort of half-assed bodgery I like most 😉

smell_it
    Free Member

Don’t know of a brake, but mavic used to do a cailper adjuster for this job. Heavy, ugly, not cheap and i would imagine not to easy to get nowadays.

TiRed

Mavic canti brake adaptors – if you can find them.
    Xtracycle make the same thing

http://www.biketrailershop.com/xtracycle-26-to-700c-brake-post-conversion-adapter-p-1600.html

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Ah har. Probably not worth spending that much money on, but that tells me most of what I need to know… Cheers folks!

smokey_jo

Some success has been had using road long drop callipers if you have a hole drilled in your seatstay bridge….

Edric64
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Fixie!

superfli
    Free Member

I used to have some Onza canti’s on my MTB (even used them in the Alps!). They were very adjustable

Onza

Northwind

Those Onzas are fantastic, cheers! Watchlisted those…

stevenmenmuir – Member

Fixie!

Yeah. No.

boblo
    Free Member

I bought a couple if those Mavic horseshoes a year or so ago, ’bout £20 per. Perfect for 700c in 26″ frame. Everything else I looked at was more ££’s.

superfli
    Free Member

They were very bling back in the day! Still look lovely now. They were pretty crap compared to the v’s that were just coming out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘700c wheels into a 26 inch v-brake frame?’ is closed to new replies.