Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 700c Disc forks Project2, any others?
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Disc mount essential, V mount could help with hanging a front mounted rack that I have which fastens to the brake mounts, then P-clips onto the legs.

Any ideas?

AdamM
    Free Member

I don’t know if Cy sells the RoadRat forks on their own, but the position of the disc mount is perfect, as it means mudguards can be used much more easily. Worth a try?

Otherwise I think your options are pretty limited bar a few rather expensive disc cyclocross forks, many of which are carbon so not rack friendly.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thought about the Roadrat fork, can’t see them on the site on their own though

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

why not buy a P2?

I have one on my cross bike with a mechanical disk and its miles ahead of the frogslegg cantis I had before.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

at the minute I’m using a shortish Carbon fork and it’s grand. I’m just in the middle of packing my panniers for a few days touring, and It got me thinking I’d like front racks to do a Bigger tour later in the year

If I can find a p2 with disc and canti mounts, I’d probably have it

AdamM
    Free Member

Thought about the Roadrat fork, can’t see them on the site on their own though

Email Cy and ask? He may have a spare knocking around?

samuri
    Free Member

I found the P2’s good, but extremely unforgiving.

These salsa forks on my crosslight are amazing. They’re carbon and are pretty easy on the hands over rocky stuff and come with bolts and disk mount. Might be a bit pricey though and possibly hard to get hold of.

Might be a bit too orange for you too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘700c Disc forks Project2, any others?’ is closed to new replies.