• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ff29.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 700 cc CX Wheels in a KInesis FF29 Frame?
  • ff29

Sorry for yet another wheel thread!!

Can anyone think of a compelling reason why I cant/should not fit either Kinesis CX Disc’s or Hunt 4 Seasons into my Kinesis FF29 Frame. Rigid Fork. Apart from the fact it might look butt ugly?

I intend to build a adventure/gravel bike. Until I have the all the dosh to buy a proper TI frame this seems on the face of it to work pretty much the same?

Looking the specs between these wheels and my current crossmax st 29 (On Full suss) don’t see much of a difference.

simondbarnes

Can anyone think of a compelling reason why I cant/should not fit either Kinesis CX Disc’s or Hunt 4 Seasons into my Kinesis FF29 Frame

No

ff29

Ta !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    midlifecrashes

If you’re strapped for cash couldn’t you just use the Crossmax ST wheels with some skinnier tyres? You can’t ride them both at once anyway.

jonba
    Free Member

As above the only real difference is the rim width so if the tyres work you can keep what you have. My commuter cx runs 29er wheels since they were more cheaply available.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The alloy nipples will seize in the kinesis wheels. Which won’t become a problem till you ve already run out of warranty..

benp1

Are the hubs the same width?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I am running Stans Flow 29 er on my CX bike with 35mm tyres. Does a great job.

ff29

Ta. Thanks for the replies.

Yes it is tempting to chuck the crossmax on with skinnier tyres.

More inclined to go with the Mason’s. Not much difference between them and Kinesis, they do seem seem to be a touch more something! Don’t mind waiting for them to arrive.

The adventure bike is long term project so happy to slowly get the bits and Bobs together. The Kinesis clunker is for the missus whom I know will never ride it. That will get her used to the idea that we can get 4 bikes into office.

Then when I finally point that important fact and that she never rides it will buy my ti frame and migrate the not so clunker parts across. Devious and sad. It getting tricky to get bikes past the missus these days.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘700 cc CX Wheels in a KInesis FF29 Frame?’ is closed to new replies.