7-10 inch tablet for movies whilst flying?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 7-10 inch tablet for movies whilst flying?
  • 5plusn8

I have to do a bit of airtime for work and am fed up with lugging my 19″ laptop in and out of my hand luggage for entertainment purposes. Can anyone recommend a 7-10 inch tablet just for movies and the odd book, spreadsheet, game, might use it to review fotos etc and some simple editing?

Gunz

I really like my Lenovo Yoga. The battery life is excellent, the screen is easily good enough for films, it’s got a stand which is useful and the built-in speakers are amazingly good for the size so you can use it for for tunes when you get to your destination.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Slate-Black/dp/B01IUA6FFA?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

Premier Icon grahamt1980
    Subscriber

Samsung galaxy s3 for me.
    not worth paying more for the, s4 but plenty good enough for full hd movies and the screen is great

5plusn8

Gunz, I am a Lenovo fan, by far the most reliable machines I have ever used. That is frankly a bargain.

Gunz

Go for it, I’ve got the 8 inch. It goes everywhere with me and I have to agree about it being reliable, great bit of kit.

Samsung here as well. Great battery life, picture quality etc.

I rarely, if ever, work on flights (boss told me not to!) but have a keyboard case which basically turns it in to a mini laptop should I ever need to.

CraigW

That Lenvovo Yoga is quite nice, the built in stand is handy. Though it is a few years old now, so stuck with an outdated Android version etc. And I had one that broke after a few years, I’m not convinced about the reliability (probably a knackered battery).

Huawei Mediapad tablets are worth a look as well.

phil5556

Having had a couple of issues with phones and Android updates I wouldn’t spend much on anything not current any more. Maybe something cheap and old but if I was spending over £100 I’d go for something that’s still supported.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Kindle Fire, cheap and cheerful

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber
    wrightyson

Samsung tab s3, now cheaper since the 4 came out, great keyboard option and brilliant screen.

fossy

Loads of choice TBH. Even the Amazon Fire tablets are good for the money – OK it’s Amazon “this that advertising” on the screens but they work very well for the money. My wife got a 10″ refurb for £99 for watching video/TV etc.

We have an old Linx 1010B Windows tablet – that’s good too, and works as a laptop if needed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.