Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 6yr old boys bike that’s In stock NOW
  • DT78
    Free Member

He really wants a frog, happy on his 48, and ripping around on it. Unfortunately no new stock for sometime it would seem and local 55s are getting snapped up and refurbed by some local chap and sold about £20 less than the (new) retail. So given it’ll get two boys use, I’m back to buying new

I’ve got 6 weeks to sort something…what other bikes are there that are in, or likely to be in stock soon

garage-dweller

Hi, I know you’re looking at new but I’m sitting on a Frog 52 in red that’s been through my two boys. Was supposed to sell it last year but with lockdown and work ran out of time/had some classifieds issues on here so was waiting for Spring to list it on here/FB marketplace. A 52 may be too small if already on a 48 though.

20″ wheels if that helps.

Sandwich

Squish are quoting third quarter 2022 for the next shipment of kids bikes! To save you some time looking.

Frog or Isla are likely to be cramped for supply being smaller producers and at the back of the queue for components. (Frog never replied when I emailed in January in response to a mail from them).

Big brands like Trek and Merida may be your best bet, good luck.

EDIT If the bike above fits, bite the hand off for that kind offer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Superficial
    Free Member

I recently bought one of these for my 5yo. There’s a thread on it. It’s a touch too bug for him right now but it’s a great bike, I’m really pleased with it.

The price has gone up £70 since I ordered it a month or so ago, though.

In stock:

https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/orbea-laufey-20-h30-20-inch-2021-kids-bike

mlbaker
    Free Member

Not sure where you are OP but JE James in Rotherham have some bikes in stock including Frog – just got my daughter one

poah
    Free Member

Orbea laufy

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Are you handy with tools?

Got a islbke Beinn 20 small in Manchester

ampthill

Can help out with an elderly 20 inch wheel trek if needed. Cheap

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Wild 20 from go outdoors. out of stock online but in stock in some stores(there’s 2 in my local branch in Stockton)very similar to the squish.

LeeW

Bache Brothers in Lye near Stourbridge had some Frog bikes when I went in last week. Not sure exactly what as I wasn’t looking for them. May be worth a call.

daviek

we also have an Isla bike Bienn 20 small that we need to move on. been used by 2 of our little ones and in very good nick, just needs a new back tyre

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments,

We are based in southampton, so if anyone is relatively close by could be interested. I’m relatively handy so a bit of light restoration is fine, but I can’t sort bad denting or rusted one bolts easily!

The laufy looks lovely but about twice what were we looking to spend, given I expect him to be onto the next size pretty quickly

Frog 52 might be of interest, it will have to be the geared version, given he is at the top of the 48 seat post, he,ll prob need another new bike by xmas!

I don’t know much about islabikes some Googling they seem to be well regarded so if your local I would be interested, though maybe I would have to put a frog sticker on it for him!

Also checked bachebikes, as with other stores it seems it’s the 55 that’s the one that’s out of stock everywhere, not back in till jul-aug depending on colour

jkomo

Get one of those second hand Isla bikes, they are awesome.

stevextc
    Free Member

He really wants a frog

Unfortunately no new stock for sometime

So given it’ll get two boys use, I’m back to buying new

Doesn’t make any sense.
    Why new ? How does 2 lads make any difference? It will look the same after the first crash and why does kiddo 2 get the used one?

How do you know the 2nd lad won’t want to ride proper stuff by the time it’s his bike (having an older sibling)?

But mostly: He’s 6 and wants a frog … I wanted a grifter .. they were shit but that’s what I wanted and the chipper wasn’t a grifter…

A shiny, brand new whatever still won’t be a frog to a 6yr old…

Just buy a used bike .. look for a frog and tell him he can sell the present bike when things are back to normal and get a frog if he still wants one.

We got exactly 9mo out of the 20″ from being slightly big to being big enough to get a 24″… and he was on a 24″ from his 6th birthday…

Stealth ad ??
    Pinnacle Ash 20″ plus spares (wheel, mech etc.) still sat in the shed as I never got round to selling it. Could deliver anywhere convenient between the SE and N Yorks in the next 2wks .. £100 including all the extras [].. if you can be bothered you could make a profit selling when Frogs are back in stock (will be taking a van full of bikes anyway) or just pass it on to the next parent for £100)

TBH not pushing to sell as now I have the van I can take it along to kids races etc.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I don’t know much about islabikes some Googling they seem to be well regarded so if your local I would be interested, though maybe I would have to put a frog sticker on it for him!

That’s really made me smile. A bit like saying that VW seem to make a van that some people think might be good for converting.

For most ( the early part ) of the last 15 years, Islabikes were decent kids bikes and vice versa.
    Thankfully loads if other companies have started making kids bikes properly, but 10 years ago they were basically it.

stevextc
    Free Member

We are based in southampton, so if anyone is relatively close by could be interested.

At Rogate Wednesday (about an hour for you) then hopefully Saturday .. after that away for 2 weeks then will be at Ringwood/Windhill/Puddletown weekends once term starts… if you were interested can send it to either Ringwood or Havant …

Slight scratch on one fork.(stickerable). slight tear on saddle. Otherwise quite close to “as new”.

Stevet1
    Free Member

There’s a frog55 on pinkbike (not mine!), collection only from West Midlands though.
    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2947845/

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘6yr old boys bike that’s In stock NOW’ is closed to new replies.