Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • 6music-anyone else losing the faith?
  • oldnick

At least they seem to have escaped the current obsession with live music.

Is there anything more pointless than listening to a radio broadcast of a recording of someone singing as flat as a pancake?

Fantombiker

I thought Marc Riley’s show is really rather good, I heard lots of new music I wouldn’t have heard anyway….Wampire for one. But then I like guitar music and I don’t want to hear hip-hop….its all about taste…

DezB
    Free Member

just lately I’ve tagged on Shazam; Lanterns On The Lake, Pinkunzoku, Disclosure & London Grammar, Coves, Pond, Agnes Obel, Lorde, Tortoise & Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy, Alice Boman, Royal Trux, Ben Gibbard, Emiliana Torini, Katie Herzig, …

You must listen to it A LOT!
    Last time I listened, I heard Mumford & Sons, The Specials, The Smiths and (I may have mentioned this before) a ten minute news story about Bros reforming. Nothing else remotely memorable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grum
    Free Member

It does seem to have got more ‘safe’.

They got a load of new listeners after the threat of closure didn’t they? I bet some management twonk saw their new listening figures and decided ‘ok guys we’ve got to broaden our output to cater to this new wider audience’ – thus losing part of why they started listening in the first place.

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Radio 6 always playing in my house apart from Edith Bowman, very annoying IMO.

Gilles Peterson, Jarvis Cocker and Maconies Freak Zone my faves… Got it playing through iTunes too (goto internet/radio/alternative rock).

Lovely stuff

jamiea
    Free Member

Tom Ravenscroft has big shoes to fill so is worth a listen, he makes mistakes but so did his dad and we all loved him.

Wow, everyday’s a school day- after reading that I got on Wikipedia. Doesn’t alter the fact that I really don’t like his voice tho’!

I thought Marc Riley’s show is really rather good… But then I like guitar music and I don’t want to hear hip-hop….its all about taste…

Hear Hear!

Cheers,
    Jamie

jamiea
    Free Member

At least they seem to have escaped the current obsession with live music.

You wont want to be listening to lauren’s show next week then 😉

Cheers,
    Jamie

spacey

Gotta stick up for MA Hobbs, she is prone to drivel as has been pointed out, but she plays great tunes and has a real love for the music, unlike bowman and keaveny. Hang in there for the tunes and actually I have now become to enjoy the drivel. The week she sat in on breakfast weekdays was glorious, meant I didn’t have to switch over to Humphreys ranting on R4.

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, everyday’s a school day- after reading that I got on Wikipedia. Doesn’t alter the fact that I really don’t like his voice tho’!

You didn’t know JP was his dad? I vividly remember the night John announced to the world he’d named his boy Thomas James Dalglish Peel 🙂

So what music does MAH “love” these days? I always thought MAH loved rock… then drum’n’bass… then dubstep… I think she “loves” whatever it’s her job to play. I’m pretty sure she was the one I heard play Mumford & Sons on 6..

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Just when did Steve Lamacq turn into Golem?

Golem

Lammo

jamiea
    Free Member

You didn’t know JP was his dad? I vividly remember the night John announced to the world he’d named his boy Thomas James Dalglish Peel

Nope, missed that- Tom is the same age as me 😆 I do remember listening to the Evening Session, Peel then Mark & Lard on the Graveyard slot during my GCSE years. Good times!

Cheers,
    Jamie

nixie

Steve Lamacq’s show is getting a bit tired.

Its so much better on days when Steve isn’t around, the fill in a week or so ago was great.

jamiea
    Free Member

Its so much better on days when Steve isn’t around, the fill in a week or so ago was great.

That’ll be the aforementioned Tom Ravenscroft then, usually to be found Fridays 7pm-10pm.

Cheers,
    Jamie

nbt

Bumpity – bump, I’m kind of liking Radcliffe and Maconie again as they played my Tea Time Theme Time yesterday. Problem is, I’m listneing to it now and i can’t for the life of me remember what the hell the theme is, I don’t even recognise this song….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03k2grp (skip to 2hrs 40 or so for Tea Time Theme Time)

rOcKeTdOg

It was a crime when BBC “saved” it from the axe, can I have my portion of the licence fee back for it please

AlexSimon

Actually since this thread started, I’ve been iplaying Craig Charles and Gilles Peterson every week without fail.
    Definitely worth a good portion of my licence fee.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘6music-anyone else losing the faith?’ is closed to new replies.