Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 69er Voodoo Wanga
  • oxym0r0n

Thinking of putting a rigid 26″ fork and 29″ wheel on the front of my SS Voodoo for winter duties and as a cheaper solution than going full 29″ (It feels wierd going back to looking over a smaller wheel).

Anyone tried this with a proper 29″ tyre? Will it steer too slowly?
    I know people have done it with frames designed for longer travel forks…

Thanks

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve done exactly that on my Voodoo D-Jab (same Geometry I think)

PB110042 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

PB110048 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

450mm Singular fork, makes it steeper than with my 6″ travel Thors I usually run, but its nice not getting fork-compression to steepen it up.
    Its surprisingly nippy. I’m happy with it.

Andy-R

Yes, the Hummingbird/Gryphon fork is the best to use – it’s nice fork and has 55mm offset to bring the trail to a reasonable amount plus the increased offset helps with toe clearance too.

oxym0r0n

Was thinking about a salsa steel fork or a carbon – would the offset be wrong or not enough room for the wheel?

will
    Free Member

Think Rocket Dog off here has something similar.

I’ve 69er’d a Giant XTC composite and bloody love it!

Andy-R

You’ll get a 29″ wheel/tyre in Salsa 425mm forks with room to spare, so the 438’s have loads of room but they’re only 38mm offset so IMO don’t steer as nicely as the Singulars.

rOcKeTdOg

Think Rocket Dog off here has something similar.

correct!

shermer75
    Free Member

So this kind of behaviour is getting the go ahead then? I’ve long considered doing this very thing to my On-One Inbred. Anybody found any issues like toe overlap or higher bb being a problem?

rOcKeTdOg

not with the singular fork i haven’t

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘69er Voodoo Wanga’ is closed to new replies.