Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • 69er … Great fun!
  • avdave2

restlessshawn that was my experience with the the steering as well with a rigid 440mm fork, I liked the way it rolled over things a little better though. I’ll have to give the the 27.5 3″ tyred wheel of my Ramin 3 a try.

greyspoke
    Free Member

If you choose right you can fit a decent sized 29″ tyre in a 420mm fork, which would be the better option for 69ering a 100mm suspension 26er frame.

Andy-R

restlessshawn

Ran my rigid Inbred (440mm fork) as a 69er for quite some time and it was good however the steering had a slight tendancy to feel a little floppy, probably the fork needed a little more offset (think the Hummingbird ones were like that).

Yes, the Hummingbird forks are 445 a/c and 55mm offset, so you have less trail and no low speed floppiness. An added advantage is that the front centre is slightly increased.
    But, whatever, the Hummingbird is a wonderful handling bike. I’d buy an updated version in a shot – so, 27.5 rear, 29 front, 30.9mm seat tube and two degree slacker head angle. Columbus or Reynolds 853.

Plus, if I had a set of 140mm 29” forks,(preferably Marzocchi) I’d be trying a 29” front wheel in one of my LV 301’s, Tobi Leonhardt stylee.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    knottie8
    Free Member

Loving mine right now….

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Oh this is still going! Brant what the hell do you know about bikes* the 69er config on the inbred has transformed the bike. I guess it’s all just personal preference at the end of the day. Far too much is sprouted about mm’s here and there but for 99 percent of us the changes are insignifcant….well unless you are a strava sausage like me 🙂

All I can say is the inbred in standard config with my 100mm Reba’s was poor. Running 26″ forks and a 29″ front wheel its great.

Still trying to battle with this terrible forum to post a pic. Be back in 2027.

*I know you have a little bit to do with the inbred 🙂

simondbarnes

Had a few rides on one in 2008. Quite nice although I seem to remember not liking the steering on slow/tight stuff

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simondbarnes/2804316298

Del

Oi, knottie! This wheel is small, but that one is far away? You can’t just come back on here posting a bike leaning against a rail. It’s a post or nothing fella!

knottie8
    Free Member

Bike and bits against a fence (Del, not many posts this way).

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘69er … Great fun!’ is closed to new replies.