661 SubGear armoured baselayer size Med, N-Gear Jump Stop, cheapo 60mm OS stem

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale 661 SubGear armoured baselayer size Med, N-Gear Jump Stop, cheapo 60mm OS stem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 661 SubGear armoured baselayer size Med, N-Gear Jump Stop, cheapo 60mm OS stem
  • Telemaster18

Clamp height on stem?

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

I’ll take the sub gear please

yhm

julianwilson

More and bigger photos available here.

Gifty paypal or bank transfer please: I am a premier member, sold lots and known to many on here: I won’t be messing you about.

661 subgear short sleeve ‘compression suit’ (ie squeezy baselayer with pads).

Review here.
    Manufacturer blurb:
    Subgear combines the advantages of anti-microbial compression top garment with the protection of Intella-foam and EVA foam. The result is the perfect undergarment for free-ride and downhill.

Mesh window in the upper back area for added breathability.
    DriKool anti-microbial four-way compression fabric Construction
    Wicks moisture off skin keeping the rider cool.
    Strategically placed Intella-foam for lightness and sudden impact absorption
    Flat-lock stitching eliminates irritating seams.

Size medium, (I am 34″ waist, wear large roadie jerseys and medium/large mtb kit for reference, and it is supposed to be a very snug/unflattering compression fit!)
    Brand new with tags still on. It has pads over the centre of the chest and some more substantial shaped but flexible ones over the shoulders. A few of my mates raved about them so I bought it with the idea of using it for an uplift day: took one look at the course and stuck with the old plastic pressure suit! 😳
    Tried on for size but never ridden in. RRP £40 but last year’s colour, still available in daft sizes for £25, so £20 posted from me.

N-Gear Jump stop.

this is what it’s for and how it goes on your bike.
    34.9mm clamp size (this bit is important: clamp size is the same as your front derailleur: if your seatpost is 30.9 or 31.6mm then this is the right size).
    Great little widget that weighs next to naff all. Hardly used as I sold the frame I bought it for after a couple of rides. Cheapest one in this size new is £9 posted, so £5 posted from me.

Cheapo no-name stem.

For normal size steerer and 31.8mm oversize bars, 10 degree rise and 60mm length. Came on a Commencal jump bike I no longer have. Maybe twelve rides and some very unadventurous attempts at jumping with it before I got a shorter one. A few marks but TBH the looks of it would be the main problem! Ugly and heavy but if it gets your bars where you want them to try out, then £7 posted.

julianwilson

telemaster, the clamp height on stem is a whopping 40mm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘661 SubGear armoured baselayer size Med, N-Gear Jump Stop, cheapo 60mm OS stem’ is closed to new replies.