Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • 661 'Do a maxxis' Objective marketing content
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Well, I think it’s sexist.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So, are we to accept that NO ONE who is in least bit attractive is allowed to be used in any form of advertising, and never in any way that is believed to be OT (off topic)?

Who has said this? Who has even hinted at this? What makes you think this is what people are discussing?

Does that also mean that attractive newsreaders/TV weather-folk etc are also banned?

As above. You dont really seem to have grasped the issues being discussed even remotely

PC bo**ocks!

Wow sounds like someone is offended to me …do you do this professionally ?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And rapists tend to be sexist, slippery slope and all that. 😆 One minute you might be shouting about your right to oggle some birds tits on a singletrack add, the next minute you might be wearing a Keffiyeh and buying underage sex slaves.

I mean, is it ok if it’s only less damaging to your daughters as opposed to not at all?

Northwind

What’s wrong with being sexy?

jamj1974

Northwind – Member
    What’s wrong with being sexy?

Nothing. I am the living embodiment of sexy.

kimbers

It’s a lazy advert to appeal to hormonal teenage gnarcore types
    They’ve gotta sell their goods somehow, and based on my experience of their kit naked women is better than being honest and saying “yeah it looks nice but will fall apart after a few rides*”

*ive had 661 shorts, gloves and shoes,

km79
    Free Member

With all the amazing female role models in mountain biking these days they get some random model to get her kit off is ridiculous.

I totally agree. They could have got a female mtb role model to get her kit off instead.

jamj1974

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Anyone care to cross reference the supporters in this thread, with the outraged about misogyny types in my cologne sex attackers thread? To see how many hypocritical cockwombles there are in this thread

I largely avoided that thread as I couldn’t be arsed with the arguments.

chewkw
    Free Member

What are they selling?

Nahh … overpriced.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone who wears knee pads is a bit of a girl anyway so it sort of fits 😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I totally agree. They could have got a female mtb role model to get her kit off instead.

Bin dun

scotroutes

Still, at least she didn’t have to do the laundry.

Sharon Washes Her Shorts

Sharon has tested some shorts and here's her washing tips guide to cleaning them. You can read her full head to head review here http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/review-vaude-vs-scott-womens-waterproof-shorts-head-to-head/

Posted by Singletrack Mountain Bike Magazine on Tuesday, January 12, 2016

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

FFS if they’re that clean just wear them again.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Only bot men wear knee pads anyway

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Marketing success surely? We’re all talking about 661 so a massive win for them really. If we’re talking about it here, so will the other cycling forums. It’ll be on Facebook. People will be Googling the images and the articles, clicking on the 661 site to see what else is there.

Headline news. Attractive person used in advertising. Wow.

Poopscoop

Good on her to be honest.

I went for the audition but apparently a naked, 40 something, overweight man wasn’t the demographic they were going for.

Biggots.

I’ve decided to go with Maxxis’ offer instead anyway.

Matt24k
    Free Member

If you are really offended by the pictures don’t buy 661 products. That’ll learn em!
    Actually it probably won’t because the majority of 661’s potential customers will think “pretty girl, cool knee pads” and buy their products.
    The more the PC brigade bleat about it, the more publicity it will get and the marketing campaign will be deemed a success.
    Sex sells. Doesn’t matter if it’s David Beckham in his pants or a beautiful model with knee pads on.

Matt24k
    Free Member

According to Mrs 24k, David Beckham in his pants is totally different. That just about proves the whole Venus and Mars thing 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just sad and lazy, the worst bit is it could be just a get outrage, apologies then live on the publicity…

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

What is most sad and lazy is the notion that a picture in an advert somehow makes people think it’s OK to be sexist. That’s simply wrong.

If you eradicate images like this the sexists will still be there and the dickheads who make sexist comments will also still be dickheads and make the same comments.

The picture is not a problem, sexism is.

poah
    Free Member

The only problem I have is that its pretty shit. bland photography, no half naked sports person being used and no bike in shot. The pictures just arn’t relevant to the sport. They should have gone the whole hog and used a big busty model with curves rather than some skinny one.

bearnecessities

+36

scotroutes

Surely the issue with this one is that there wouldn’t have been the same visual “pun” if it had been a guy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We’re all talking about 661 so a massive win for them really.

yes bit some of us are sayong what a binch odf sexst bastards wich one woud assue is not the message they want to win.

You did read their retraction where they don’t seem to be taking it as win what with the apology and all that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The only problem I have is that its pretty shit. bland photography, no half naked sports person being used and no bike in shot. The pictures just arn’t relevant to the sport. They should have gone the whole hog and used a big busty model with curves rather than some skinny one.

How does it compare with that shocking picture of a naked/photoshopped Pendleton on her Trek. As this article noted, there wasn’t a hint of grease or road muck on her. Appalling….

konabunny
    Free Member

Blah blah blah who is in least bit attractive is allowed to be used in any form of advertising, and never in any way that is believed to be OT (off topic)?

Yes, that’s exactly what is being suggested.

whats wrong with being sexy?

Sexist, Nigel, sexist

molgrips
    Free Member

How does it compare with that shocking picture of a naked/photoshopped Pendleton on her Trek.

I wasn’t a fan of that, but you could argue that it’s a an ironic statement – by a top cyclist acting out one of these brainless model shoots, she’s drawing attention to how ridiculous they are. Maybe.

poah
    Free Member

Well, I think it’s sexist.

you don’t understand the meaning of the word

these brainless model shoots

you’re a moron aren’t you

DrJ

Please explain this comment for the hard of thinking. I don’t see the connection with this image and group sexual assault or sexual assault in general.

I think the general idea is “culturally defective Muslims get all hot and bothered about bare flesh and can’t control themselves, so therefore can’t be allowed in swimming pools” and at the same time “we otherwise perfect white boys get all hot and bothered about a 661 ad and can’t relate to women as equals”.

But I could have misunderstood.

DrJ

I wasn’t a fan of that, but you could argue that it’s a an ironic statement – by a top cyclist acting out one of these brainless model shoots, she’s drawing attention to how ridiculous they are. Maybe.

Or maybe it was VP justifiably proud of her body.

DrJ

Just sad and lazy, the worst bit is it could be just a get outrage, apologies then live on the publicity…

… as thoughtfully provided by STW, reproducing the pic. Nothing to do with clickbait, oh no ….

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Get your tits out for the pads.

*sigh*

bearnecessities

No kneed for that.

poah
    Free Member

If it were akin to the 70’s she’d actually have her tits out. Are were really that sexually repressed nowadays that we have to get in a froth about a bit of bare skin and a pretty lady being used in advertising? God help any of you that might actually turn the TV on.

hammyuk
    Free Member

(laments the loss of the Big D peanuts card on the wall behind the bar)

Harry_the_Spider

behind the bat

Really? We used to have them in the pub.

gobuchul
    Free Member

laments the loss of the Big D peanuts card

Big D haven’t gone anywhere

hammyuk
    Free Member

The lasses on the card DD’s have though 😆

gobuchul
    Free Member

Did you follow that link?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘661 'Do a maxxis' Objective marketing content’ is closed to new replies.