Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 650b tyres for muddy slop
  • RickDraper
    Free Member

Need to swap the tyres on my Solo for something semi decent in muddy slop. Currently got a High Roller II on the front and a Ardent on the rear and to say it has no grip is a understatement. Saw the WTB Vigilante getting good reviews as a front tyre but what out the back?

deadkenny
    Free Member

HR II on rear will be fine in my opinion, but then I don’t really have much problem with many tyres in the mud, even the Ardent. It’s more down to technique. Don’t fight the mud, slide with it. Though for cutting through the crud at front I’ve always liked Minions.

steveh

vigilante and hr2 rear is my plan.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Yetiman
    Free Member

Vigilante up front is indeed good (29er version), and so far my new Minion DHR2 is doing a good job out back and it’s properly muddy out there.

Northwind

Magic Mary is an obvious one. Still not that impressed with how it works out of bad mud, mind, bit lacking in grip on hard stuff, it needs to bite in to work well. But excellent at slop and decent at everything else

luke1688

Tried to get a magic mary trailstar but can’t get them anywhere! Have a look at the maxxis shorty I’ve just put one on the front of my nomad

kristoff
    Free Member

I ran the same HR2/ardent combination, I’ve just bought another HR2 for the back so I’ll see how I get on. Should be fine I think.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I will try a HR II combo as I have plenty of them lay around.

I would like to try some Continental Mud Kings but no where has them in stock and my previous go to tyre is not available in 650b yet, the Bonty Mud X.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I use Hans Dampf 650bs on the front and rear all year round. Best tyres for me and my local trails in the woods and ive tried a bloody lot of them. Bit expensive but worth it.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Maxxis beavers

daver27
    Free Member

Mavic Crossmax Charge out front. Unbelievably good and works in pretty much all conditions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘650b tyres for muddy slop’ is closed to new replies.