650b Transition bandit?

Home Forum Bike Forum 650b Transition bandit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 650b Transition bandit?
  • oxnop

I can’t help you re the 650b but I can tell you I love my Mk2 Bandit 29 (running 140 forks) I now only have 1 MTB – sold my Alpine 160 and cotic soul as just didn’t get used….

funkhouser

who cares they look mint.

is the Carbon Covert 650b?

Premier Icon ceepers
    Subscriber

I’ve got a frame sat in my LBS waiting for a headset and a box of bits!

I demoed one a few weeks ago (gravity bikes in taunton have a demo bike) Climbed real nice an felt very nimble coming down, even though it was a size too big. Demoed a covert in the right size at the same time, climbed ok considering but not as spritely, very plush coming down but overkill for most of my riding. Both were 650b cant sya i noticed a wheel size difference

I’m coming from a soul which i love (&i’m keeping) and i wanted something that felt similarly fun and chuckable – the bandit seemed to be that!

also read here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bandit-and-spectral-275-owners-ride-reports-please

therag

Anyone here got one?
    I’m thinking of buying one today but can’t find any reviews.
    I’m coming from a covert which was great, maybe overkill for a lot of riding.
    Cheers

Premier Icon mrhoppy
    Subscriber

Not the 650, but I have the 26 which is superb, it’s not quite as quick as some up hill and it isn’t quite as sure footed as some down but it’s not likely to be found wanting in either situation. It’s as happy on a 50km xc day out in the wilds as it is being uplifted in the Alps. Pretty close to the ideal 1 bike solution IMO.

Premier Icon richen987
    Subscriber

Hi,

I have a 650b Bandit since Jan, it is extremely good and I am very pleased with it, I got it from Don at Kustom Bikes and he was brilliant to deal with.
    I came from a 26in Bandit as my previous bike.
    In a direct comparison, they are equally as good coming down hill, the little bit extra travel on the 650b helps on bigger hits, but is not noticeable otherwise, on the flats it is the same a little bit better rollover and i find it a lot better on the climbs, it has a slightly longer top tube and the shock tune is a little better.
    On the shock I find small bumps great but big jumps it tends to blow through the end of the travel, so air can kit and i will have it retuned at some point, but that is the only minus point.
    Frame is very well finished, stealth dropper routing and it is a fun bike to ride, the harder you push it the better it is, equally if you want to mince then it doesn’t feel slow or wallowy, so good if your knackered too!
    As said above I got rid of all my bikes and ride this for everything now, it’s never found wanting.
    I built mine easily to under 30lbs with nothing special
    Pikes @ 150 , Zee&XT brakes and 1X10 drivetrain, Superstar wheels the new Evo with Pancenti rims which have been bombproof and very nice.
    Reverb and haven bars and stem.
    Here’s some pics. not sure how to re-size them!
    Any questions feel free to ask.

[/url]IMAG1536[1] by richen987, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]IMAG1539[1] by richen987, on Flickr[/img]

therag

Thanks, deal done.
    Xt build coming soon.

matther01

Please tell me you got it from cycleaddict with 15% off?

singletrick

Bought a bargain 2nd hand one a month ago here in Auckland.
    Hadn’t had a bike for a while, last bike was my SC superlight, safe to say it blows that into the weeds!

Climbs well, descends even better! Huge grins every time. It’s the burliest bike I’ve ever ridden and feels very solid on the little jumps and drops I have nailed. Corners like its on rails.
    Got one of the transition builds: Fox factory 34 at 150mm, 1 x 10, revolution trail wheels (transitions own). Put a super short 35mm stem on it feels great. Would love to have a pike and wider rims – the revolution wheels are quite narrow. But for what I paid its awesome.

I dont think you’ll regret it.

therag

Nooo not heard of cycle addict 🙁

therag

Phew, just checked, similar price.

matther01

Was that before or after you entered the code for an extra 5% off? The price on the website only shows 10%. Think you needed to us spring14 for the extra 5% off.

I got my bandit 26″ from there last year with £300 off the frame. She’s a real beauty now…old style stealth black, pikes, 1×10 & 42 cog. Got her running at 28lbs.

Not sure about the new frames but I do feel a wee bit perched and pedal strikes can be an issue at first until you get used to the low bb.

Great light feeling climber…and proper ragging downhill. As said it does blow through travel a wee bit so may also get a reducer/tune when I can afford it.

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

Please tell me you got it from cycleaddict with 15% off?

CycleAddicts in Rochdale?

Premier Icon andyecc
    Subscriber

Riding a 650b Bandit here, having had a 26 Covert. Bought the Bandit for the same reason as the OP as although I love my Covert (and still have it) it was overkill for my local 7 Stanes trails.
    Great decision, OP, you’re going to love the Bandit. Which forks did you go for? I have X-fusion Sweeps on mine which are great but would have preferred Pikes which I suspect would make it perfect. On the other hand I was really pushing my budget and for the money I’m very impressed with the X-fusions.
    Enjoy the new bike!

therag

No, I got 10% off,
    Oh well, it’s done now and bought from a local shop so havnt done too bad.
    My covert was the stealth, gone for the red this time.
    I’ve got fox 34s ready to go on, but will get the black pikes if I find them on sale.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘650b Transition bandit?’ is closed to new replies.