• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 650b on a Liteville Mk11 frame – rear clearance ?
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

Anyone done this ?

I need a new set of wheels for an upcoming Alpine trip and fancy giving 650b a go.

The Mk 11 (from size M and above) is supposed to be ok with 650b but i’d like to hear some real world views before dropping my £500 on some wheels which may be a bit of a squeeze !

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Absolutely naff all on a large, a couple of mm on the chainstay bridge. It would be useless in the mud.

I Imagine some tyres wouldn’t even fit on the medium.

Not to mention the increase in bb height.

pymwymis
    Free Member

The rear triangle on a “M” is the same as on a “L” but i take your point.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Fair enough, I didn’t realise the rear triangle was the same on both.

In short, it should fit, but expect bugger all clearance.

P20

Just registering an interest for the future, I’m happy with the 26″ in mine

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

BB will be affected as someone mentioned

pymwymis
    Free Member

Just not keen on 650b in front and 26 out back. Just seems odd and will change geo – or am I just being a big girls blouse and wont notice the difference.

FWIW I have X-fusion Sweeps which will take 650b and have travel adjust for climbing.

Maybe 650b in front will work. Maybe I’m just being anal about them matching front and back…..maybe ?

Crell
    Free Member

Thought about doing it (Medium Mk 11) but stuck with 26. If I was doing anything I’d stick a 650 on the front first to try it. Yes it’ll slacken it a little and raise the bb, but there’s not a huge difference from 26 to 650 anyway.

P20

I went from 140mm fox 32 to a 160mm pike, both 26″. Bike still feels great, so I can’t imagine it being that bad with a 650b on the front

pymwymis
    Free Member

cheers fellas, feeeling better about mismatched wheel sizes. 🙂

gamo
    Free Member

Mine is an xl but 650b flows with high roller 11’s work with plenty clearance.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘650b on a Liteville Mk11 frame – rear clearance ?’ is closed to new replies.