Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 650b 130mm hardtail suggestions
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I had bought an unused second hand Transition Trans Am 650b frame from Pinkbike, but judging by the tracking Hermes have lost it. I am, as you can imagine, not surprised.

The problem now is I’ve bought various bits for it- stealth dropper in 30.9 and tapered Revelations with 130mm travel. Has anyone got any recommendations for a frame that will take these bits and cost no more than 250 quid second hand or new? I’m mulling over a Dartmoor Primal but it’s not as pretty and I like the look of steel bikes (although I’m not averse to something slightly ugly that’s amazing)- any ideas?

Thanks!

qwerty
    Free Member

Whyte 901/905/909 if you can find one second hand.

jonnyrockymountain

On one 456 650b

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flaps
    Free Member

On-One 45650b? I’ve it in Raw.
    Currently on offer at £150.

woodster

New Ragley Marley sounds good, but only on Pre-order at the mo.

CRC

sprocker
    Free Member

Stanton switchback 2nd hand, swap your reverb for a 31.6 one

lee170
    Free Member

Orange crush

superfli
    Free Member

Switchback is 30.9 also pretty hard to come by 2nd hand. Very, very unlikely to be £250 or less!

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m going to be selling a Whyte 901 frame in m shortly. Was going to sell it with forks, haven’t quite decided on price yet. Kind of depends when I can get a new frame, should know tomorrow. If you are interested I’ll let you know tomorrow

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ferrals, that’d be great. Email me on lleebb76 at gmail dot com when you know.

v9gss

If you decide to pass on the whyte frame, I’d be interested.

Cheers

variflex
    Free Member

as above the whyte 90x frames are BRILLIANT, pretty much bomb proof and great geometry

ceepers

Have merlin got any of the trans am frames left. They were £299

drovercycles
    Free Member

What size are you? We have a medium 27.5″ Transam from last year which needs a home – unused but has been hanging on the wall on display.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Drover cycles- I had plumped for a medium. I will send you an email.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well, after doing the runaround on Drover Cycles the frame I ordered turned up after two and a half weeks so I’m fixed now.

I’d thoroughly recommend Luke at Drover’s- he was very helpful and the price he offered the Trans Am frame he has for was very good.

ceepers

Result!

Hope you love the trans am, i just built one up and im impressed so far!

[img]https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/11377758_575534479282366_1759381853_n.jpg[/img]

luddite
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind 3rd (ish) refusal in the Whyte frame if it’s the right size.

ferrals
    Free Member

Hi luddite, whats your email, I’ve not heard back from the second guy – though should give him a day or two to respond. Its a medium frame.

Would you be interested in a frame and fork combo? I was thinking of selling the frame, headset, RS Sektor gold Forks, Whyte own brand stem, whyte seatpost, seatclamp as a frameset. Could throw in a BB too (either GXP or race-face cinch 30mm axle.

I’d rather sell it all as i have a price in mind I want to get for the lot. If I have no interest in frame and forks or the frame only price is reasonable, I will sell individually.

ferrals
    Free Member

To those interested in my frame, pics are on pink bike here .

I’ve put it up for £450 with frame and forks, will split depending on price offered for frame

v9gss

Sorry ferrals, never saw message, looks like it’s sold now?

Are the trans am’s good? What sort of price are they?

ceepers

I’m liking mine a lot so far. It’s a bit heavier than the soul it replaced but with longer slacker geometry compared to a 26 inch small soul (trains am is medium) climbs well and feels very composed downhill.

My frame was £350 from Merlin, fork from flat out was £250, everything else came from th soul.

ceepers

Ps strava says it’s quicker too!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘650b 130mm hardtail suggestions’ is closed to new replies.