Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 650 Nomad frames & prices
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Looking at Nomad carbon 650 frames, it seems they’re a fixed price £2849 everywhere and all CC frames for frame only.

Unless I’m missing something in deals about? Can’t even find last years models in frame only.

I’d go second hand but I want the warranty, and a guarantee it’s not had a massive stack and there’s hidden weakness in the carbon somewhere.

What I really want is frame without shock as I have a CCDB Air I’d put on it, but can sell on the stock Monarch shock. Better still a 2014 model with the smaller seatpost size so I don’t have to buy yet another Reverb 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you after a medium? Can you live with the “C” model?

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/santa-cruz-2016-nomad-c-s-am-green-fnclcy-grn.html

andysredmini
    Free Member

Ring some shops and see if they will give you a discount. I paid considerably less than retail for my frame but I am a regular and spend quite a bit with the shop.
    Haven’t all the 650b models been 31.6mm seat posts?
    I bought a cane creek shock for mine but went back to the monarch debonair. The cane creek didn’t seem to suit it at all. I also played with volume spacers, pressure and rebound on the monarch but in the end the SC recommended settings were spot on.

Its by far the best bike I have ever ridden.

deadkenny
    Free Member

chakaping – Member 
    Are you after a medium? Can you live with the “C” model?
    http://www.startfitness.co.uk/santa-cruz-2016-nomad-c-s-am-green-fnclcy-grn.html

I could live with C, but that’s a full bike and costs more. Okay I can flog the parts, but I’d rather just get the frame as got pretty much, or will have, the bits, and I can set it up with what I want. CC would also be nice 😀

andysredmini – Member 
    Haven’t all the 650b models been 31.6mm seat posts?

2014 is listed as 30.9, though not sure how reliable this site is. Can’t see an archived spec on SC’s site.

http://bikesheet.com/bikes/2014SantaCruzNomadCarbon1StandardSMLXL.html

Matches up with my 2015 5010 which likewise has 30.9, whereas 2016 they’ve gone 31.6.

Would be nice to have 30.9 as I’ve got three posts that are 30.9. Not vital though. Could also go with a shim, although could just buy yet another post (and I’m debating moving away from Reverb anyway given the hassles I’ve had with them).

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My wife has a 2014 model – it’s a 31.6mm seat tube.

Also tried with a CCDB Air. It was nasty on that bike.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m sure I remember part of the original press release saying they had moved to 31.6 to allow for a 150mm reverb.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Was it a 2015 bought in 2014, or a true 2014 (probably released end of 2013?)? But yeah specs could be wrong. Doesn’t matter that much. Just means buying a new seatpost.

Interesting the comments on CCDB Air though. It’s on my old Mk2 alloy Nomad at the moment and awesome on that. Sizing seems to be the same for fit, although CC recommended the XV can for my Mk2 but don’t for the 650 carbon models. I’m not sure if it will be fine anyway or if I can swap the XV can for non XV. Just I’ve assumed it would be superior to a Monarch. More configurable too.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes Nottingham/Derby branch have had a frame on their wall for a good 12 – 18 months, I think its a 2015 model (must be). I think it was an ex-display one so was reduced and has been reduced again as it’s been on the wall for a good 12 months or so. Not sure of the size. Worth giving them a call.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Was it a 2015 bought in 2014, or a true 2014 (probably released end of 2013?)? But yeah specs could be wrong. Doesn’t matter that much. Just means buying a new seatpost.

It was one of the very first in the country – so would have been one of the originals.

antares
    Free Member

Give Granary Cycles a call, they sometimes have frames at a good price and they sell the C’s as frame only. I got a CC Hightower off them for £2k

variflex
    Free Member

given the state of the market, anyone with stock is likely to negotiate down a bit and if uk
    distributor has stock again you can still probably negotiate a little
    off via a dealer. u.k. market seems to be 25% down this year across the board

alexh
    Free Member

30.9 on my 2014 Bronson alloy.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Contact Unit Cycles ltd..
    Down in sunny Cornwall
    Will see what i can do

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some general points sc dont do model years as such.
    The c was never to be sold frame only.
    Deals may be about, having a good relationship with a lbs would help or someone stuck with a frame.
    Any frame/bike arriving post brexit will be more expensive due to currency shifts so waiting probably isn’t a good tactic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘650 Nomad frames & prices’ is closed to new replies.