65% of 68 men agree that…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • 65% of 68 men agree that…
  • IvanDobski

Why the **** do cosmetics adverts use these meaningless statistics?! Especially when the adverts then say something like 65% of 68 women agree that this shampoo is ace. Advert filmed with fake hair, not representative of actual results.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? **** idiots.

Who exactly thinks "65% of 68, results nothing like they're suggesting on screen, that's gotta be worth buying"?

More **** idiots that's who.

(1st group clearly cockweasel marketing types not idiots afterall, ****)

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Because it sells products simple as that.

65% of 68

When I saw that I wondered why they didn't just say "100% of 42 men/women agree" – it's a different slant on the same set of results and sounds so much more positive! πŸ˜‰

yeah it does my nut in too – especially as im a researcher.

my pet hate is "Whatever brand, can eliminate upto 100% of whatever" as if it can get rid of 110% of something. nob heads. really winds me up.

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

60% of the time it works all the time.

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

as if it can get rid of 110% of something

I've always assumed "up to 100%" had the coda "but usually rather less". πŸ™‚

it all stems from people stupid enough to think that adverts state fact, marketing companies are probably paranoid that if they say 'gets rid of dandruff' they'll get done for false advertising by some fat greasy chav out for a fast buck.

nanny state blah blah blah compensation culture blah blah IT'S PC GONE MAD

I like the added ingredients they have 'hydro-activating gel crystals' and all that bollocks.

Do people actually think 'ohhhhhh – this face cream has hydro-activating gel crystals, it must be good'?????

Then the men's stuff has added caffeine (and endorsements from non-threatening blokes like that wet doctor chappie from Lost) because we would be gay if we liked hydro-activating gel crystals.

Mugs, the lots of them that spend money on this crap.

yunki

does this meaningless piffle REALLY sell products?

Surely the type of people that base their purchases on these statistics (if such a person exists.. which I doubt) wouldn't actually be bright enough to differentiate between the different labels in store?

Junkyard

because 112% of people dont understand statsistics.
    Personally I prefer it when they make a up a name for a scientific sounding thing they have found
    ibanifids
    flavoinsulatatosols
    that kind of thing
    It is because people are dumb and more poeple believe in astrology that global warming.

Surely anti ageing creme is just a lie under the trade descriptions act unless you preven time from moving/kill me how can you stop me ageing

And 'NEW AND IMPROVED'.

Well what is it? New OR improved? Make your **** minds up.

tazzymtb

my favorite is the "unique nanosphere complex" it's all a load of balls πŸ˜†

my GF defo falls for stuff like this. when the latest xfactor make up ad comes on she goes into a kind of trance – you can actually see her pupils dilate at the sight of some new shite to try,

normally a clever lass – but a marketers dream….

B_Leach

+1 BigDummy, i was waiting for somebody to quote Anchorman… "Smells like Bigfoot's dick"

Well what is it? New OR improved? Make your **** minds up

LOL πŸ™‚

ooOOoo

Load of Boswelox

Skoolshoes

I find washing powder ads with the split screen old/new powder amusing. If it REALLY has been improved so much and so many times, then surely it'd be so potent that it would dissolve my clothes. Also, does this mean that the old powder was actually crap?

LapSteel

27.5% of all statistics are made up

mogrim

Because:

* 64% sounds really accurate and sciency, if you can measure something to that level of precision you must be right.
    * It's also sufficiently low to not look fake, 100% of 42 is obviously a lie.

100% of 42 is obviously a lie

How very dare you, Sir!! It is both 100% sciency and accurate (*)

* – Within the +/-100% scientific and statistical margins of this made-up survey….. πŸ˜‰

sputnik

I like my Oakley shades, but would still like to know WTF 'unobtanium' is. ❓

sas

Yeah, who would ever buy those isotonically optimised hydro-electrolytically balanced proven-to-increase-recovery-times sports supplements πŸ™‚

ooOOoo

It's plastic, easily obtainable.
    Oakley are one of the worst – they can't even draw a **** ing straight line without calling it a "Linear Material Arrangement System" or some other wordy BS.

IvanDobski

I'm sure I saw "shineinium" on a shampoo advert once…

jon1973

you just made that up didn't you? πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

isotonically optimised hydro-electrolytically balanced proven-to-increase-recovery-times sports supplements

Is this the same as "a pint of bitter shandy"? πŸ™‚

there are lies, Damned Lies and then there are Statistics!

Humans are Gullible automatons who only buy stuff if its peddled by a B list Celebrity with no ascertainable qualities other than to tell us to buy this crap!

"Pro-V, it's the ingredient in the shampoo that makes the hair silky and smooth"……lol

I will buy razor blades and shaving foam if three sports personalities gang up and make me do it. What other reason do I need?

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

To be honest, if a bloke comes after me with a golf club I do what he says, even if I haven't heard of him. πŸ™‚

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

The did it better in the old days.. Our survey of over 113000 doctors shows….

higthepig

LapSteel

Rubbish 8 out of 7 people I asked, thought it was 28.7%.

Lies, damn lies and cosmetic stastics

The Doog

Slightly off the original topic but similar in respect of made up stuff, when did last of the current series suddenly change into season finale?? More cobblers.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘65% of 68 men agree that…’ is closed to new replies.