Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • £600-£800 27.5 full sus trail frame ?
  • plus-one

As title. Gradually doing more mtb now over road and looking for ideas/links to any nice trail frame 27.5.

Currently on a pinnacle iroko so looking to transplant all kit across. Xt 1×11 120mm pile and 27.5 wheels. 142×12 back end and 120-130mm travel. Similar geometry to what I’m on too.

Anyone seen any new bargains or second hand ?

Need size medium ta

Moon on a stick ?

johnnystorm

Calibre Bossnut or Titus El Vajazzle and sell off the bits you don’t need? More than your budget but selling off the spares should bring it back. The Titus might be frame only.

superstu
    Free Member

Sonder Evol and get your forks bumped up with a new air shaft?

johnnystorm

Yeah, good call that. Ignore me! 😀

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Maybe have a look at:

Commencal bikes
    or
    bike-discount.de selling Cube and Radon frames for very little money

Know that Cube produces good stuff and bad stuff. Bought a Stereo 150 HPA 27,5+ frame end of 2017 at bike-discount.de and this bike is just great. Frame was around 350 GBP and total bike (all new stuff) around 1500 GBP…(I use 2.6 inch tyres and 35 mm i.d. rims on the bike. A blast!). Bit of a downhill sled.

Right now, here and there: SC Bronson frames for sale? But guess they are still a bit over 1 k, means above your budget ?

As mentioned above: Calibre Bossnut is a decent trail bike (but lousy pre-assembly from Calibre…) One of the bikes I have is a Bossnut V2. Upgraded to 30 mm i.d. rims, DT370 hubs and 140 mm Fox 34 Fit4 fork.
    Yes – 1 k is a great deal for the bike and used the bike with stock parts for over a year. Waited for some sales at CRC and winter sales for custom wheels. Yes – great trail bike. But with all the upgrades also around 1.5 k …

superstu
    Free Member

OP if buying new nearly all will be boost unlike your Iroko, so you may need to factor in a rear wheel.

plus-one

Thanks guys good solid ideas 🙂

That sondor could be just the thing !

plus-one

I’ve got Mavic crossmax pro wheels on iroko they came with adapters for 142×12 not sure if other adapters available to run boost 148 ?

lapierrelady

I’ve got a medium full size Canyon frame for sale? It’s a Strive AL from 2015. Bit battered but won’t be near the top of your budget.

plus-one

^thanks for offer^ reckon sonder at £719 will take some beating ..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 s/hand or discounted Cube Stereo, then bump the pikes up to 150

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Sorry fo the plug but I have a Giant Reign in the classifieds. High spec and good do a good deal.

matt_outandabout

That Sonder is on my saving for list….

kayla1
    Free Member

+1 for Bike Discount and Cube Stereo frames on sale. They’re ace, I just got a medium Sting 140 to replace the small Stereo 140 I had a while ago.

plus-one

Nice Reign indeed 🙂

All my kit will transfer I’m only needing frame/shock. Not got budget for anything more. Sonder on finance makes it easier too .

Will look at cubes too good shout

dogbone
    andreasrhoen
    Free Member

+1 for Bike Discount and Cube Stereo frames on sale.

Yes.
    And this frame is a dream:

Stereo 150 HPA 27,5+ 350 GBP

That’s exactly what I bought end of 2017 … for the same money (only color changed).
    I bike this frame with 2,6 inch rubber and only change I would make is to use a bit shorter cranks (I use 175 mm, but BB is quite low – and even so with 2,6 inch tyres instead of “+”).
    The bike is extremely good for fast downhill trails. All mountain bike which keeps up with longer travel Enduro sleds.
    My Bossnut V2 is “in between” this bike and my hardtail. Less travel, other tyres, less drag, more “trail” but definitely limited when things get rough and fast.

plus-one

Titus looks good but still to factor in cost of good shock(mounting)hardware. Cube does look good but no shock/boost axle either.

What shock did you fit @andreasrhoen ?

tops5
    Free Member

There’s a nice Transition Patrol frame in the classifieds 🙂

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

What shock did you fit

End of 2017 there was this crazy Fox winter sales going on. Bought the Fox Float DPS Performance model 2017 for little money (bit over 100 GBP).
    Size: 200×57 with 22x8mm and 30x8mm bushings. The shock came with these bushings – possible that this shock originally even was meant for company Cube (and Cube sold the frames and shocks end of the season?).

This “+” bike with 35 mm i.d. rims and 2,6 inch tyres together with the Float DPS: perfect progression. Feels like “endless suspension travel”….
    Uphill biking: I put the shock into close or mid position.
    Downhill, open, rough trail: the suspension is very, very plush and the tyre sticks to the ground, shock “never” bottoms out. Traction is a blast.

plus-one

Thanks for info and advice guys. Thanks to offers of some nice frames/bikes. I’ve had a look at all the options and I keep coming back to the Sonder £719 U.K. warranty and it looks a pretty frame.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Great!
    Nice bike, good geo.

canopy
    Free Member

another idea for a sub 1k bike prime for upgrades is the new marin hawk hill..can be had for under 1k usually

plus-one

Cheers 🙂 Sonder still my top of the list. Airshaft to bump my fork to 140mm and new rear wheel is all I need to make the jump.

plus-one

@superstu cheers you have finger on pulse I’ve not been watching mtb evolution closely last couple of years !! Sonder ordered 🙂

superstu
    Free Member

Nice one @plusone, let us see pictures when it arrives. Postierich on here has recently bought one and likes it IIRC.

PS – I’m also an iroko owner, underrated frame, loved mine.

plus-one

I’d keep the iroko if I had space/cash for complete new bike 🙁 It really is a great bike. Getting some back pain after longer rides on the hardtail 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘£600-£800 27.5 full sus trail frame ?’ is closed to new replies.