Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • £60 million Bitcoin theft in progress…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. If there were a place where only bitcoins were used for everything then it’d be fine. But as they can be traded with other currencies their exchange rate varies massively, and the price is going to go through the roof.

Still can’t see how this is an advantage to anyone except speculators.

Oh and if I held a lot of them I’d be keeping a close eye on quantum computing developments…

Sui
    Free Member

If they are just codes, how can there only be a finite amount. As has been said as processing power increases someone will figure out how to make more, it’s always the case..

maxtorque

if they are “Unique” numbers, why can’t they just be voided?

molgrips
    Free Member

I think that the keys are based on prime numbers…. so you have to test each number to see if it’s a match, but the numbers get fewer and further between. And presumably there’s a highest number…?

Lifer
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member
    Good. No sympathy with anyone in the Bitcoin movement; the ones with the most deserve to lose the most.

Why?

csb

And why is the criminal not detectable at the point of transfer between virtual and real currency?

molgrips
    Free Member

Because anyone can trade bitcoins with normal money. There’s no way of telling where my bitcoin came from.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Bit coin on bit of a rollercoaster!
    Down 50% for a short time.

epicyclo

The whole bitcoin idea is brilliant, but as we’ve seen it’s vulnerable.

I’m starting up a competitor called ActualCoin using small copper bronze tokens that are cunningly disguised to conceal their value.

They will be £1 each to start, but if bitcoin is a guide their value will rise dramatically.

Here’s a pic – their resemblance to existing currency is purely coincidental.

For a limited time, buy one and get another free.

sobriety
    Free Member

Cool, I’ve got some of those Actual Coins, if I send them to you can I have their value in pounds please.

epicyclo

sobriety – Member
    Cool, I’ve got some of those Actual Coins, if I send them to you can I have their value in pounds please.

Alastair Darling is my agent for that sort of exchange. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘£60 million Bitcoin theft in progress…’ is closed to new replies.