Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 6 x Pass Portes du Soliel passes for sale at cost Sunday 30th June from Avoriaz
  • antonyjames
    Free Member

Due to no shows double bookings and injuries I have 6 x passes for Sunday the 30th of June leaving from Avoriaz at cost price of 49 euros each for sale.

Approximately 80 km / 50 milles – 15 ski-lifts – 6000m of total downhill
    9 different resorts to start from :
    – In France: Avoriaz, Châtel, Les Gets, Morzine and Montriond-Les Lindarets.
    – In Switzerland: Champéry, Morgins, Torgon and Les Crosets.
    1000 m of total uphill climb
    8 refreshement points :

Start at any time between 7.30 a.m. and 9 a.m. from each resort.
    New options on the route for an easier way back to the starting resort.

Lifts will open from 7:30 am to 6 pm each day.
    Check out http://www.passportesdusoleil.com for all details
    I will send confirmation email with start numbers

Please let me know if you are interested.
    Cheers
    Antony

blurltrider
    Free Member

Antony, do you know if it’s possible to stay in morzine with an avoriaz start- can I use the lift to get up there.

ddmonkey

Blur lt rider you can take the Super Morzine lift up and then its about a 15min – 20min ride along the ridge and then a short climb up the road to the centre of Avoriaz. Apart from the bit of climbing on the road into Avoriaz its part of the route anyway.

ddmonkey

Just thinking about it the big new Prodains lift will be running in summer I think and that is a short ride from the centre of Morzine and takes you up to Avoriaz directly

tthew

Nothing particularly helpful to add, except money up-front and no refunds if you are going to sort out group trips like this. Good luck with selling them, wish I could take one off you, having done it last year.

atlaz
    Free Member

I sent a message to a mate as he missed out and was considering coming along just to ride with us but this balances nicely.

atlaz
    Free Member

Ah balls. Wrong day as he pointed out

antonyjames
    Free Member

We were planning to stay in Morzine then drive up to Avoriaz first thing on the Sunday morning either with the bikes to start from there or just to collect the rider packs. According to google maps its about a 30 min drive so easily doable. There are also some suggestions above for using the lifts that I hadn’t thought about. So a few options. Be aware the rider packs can only be collected the Sunday morning from Avoriaz I guess its to ensure the start is spread out and not all going from Morzine.

blurltrider
    Free Member

Thanks for the info about getting to avoriaz. Are any of the entries for females, like 2 of them – it’s just that if we’re signing on it would make life a whole lot easier!

cakefacesmallblock

Drive up from Morzine is easy enough, all the parking at Avoriaz is outside the village as you approach anyway.
    Just check the hill up and think of the roadies on Le Tour, it’s a ferocious climb.

patriotpro
    Free Member

except money up-front and no refunds

Always, always this rule, I plan our trips and I insist on it even for a one-nighter.

Tis the only way. I would snap your hand off for one if i wasn’t a papa and had responsibilities, alas, I am so I can’t.

blurltrider
    Free Member

Antony, I’d like 2 or 3 of the entries please, just need to hear from you re if any of the entries you have are for females. I don’t know whether they check names etc when you register/sign on/collect your goodie bag, but would hate to get there and be refused!!

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Blur it/Anthony ……..

If it were me I would drive up to avoriaz to collect rider packs then head back to chalet to get bikes and start from morzine, last year the rider packs contained so much stuff (drinks, wd40,flyers,another backpack!!) that we had to go back to chalet to drop it all off anyway as we couldn’t of carried it around all day!

As for if the tickets are for females, it shouldn’t matter, last year I had booked a ticket for my wife, she fell pregnant before the trip and as such abandoned the trip to morzine, I emailed Sophie from the passportes du soliel team and she was quite willing and happy to change the names/details of any of the tickets for us, as long as it was done afew weeks in advance of the ride date!
    It’s important that you do this as we had to show passportes for my ticket (I booked all of our groups) but I was able to collect everyone’s passes! Even people who didn’t come in the end, so we at least had there lift pass to use for the day, plus the extra days free pass that was given in each pack!

Enjoy!! Wish I could go again this year! but will have to wait til next!

antonyjames
    Free Member

I am afraid there is no females on the list of booked riders but thanks to Nutsnvolks it sounds like the names can be changed although I cant vouch for this until its tried. Is it just the two passes you are after ? You can call me on 07976 797984 if you would like to have a chat.
    Cheers

blurltrider
    Free Member

Thanks nutsnvolks for that advice…looks promising.
    AntonyJames – it will be 2 or 3. I’ll ring you.

antonyjames
    Free Member

Successfully managed to change the names on the tickets thanks nutsnvolks 😀 I now have three tickets left if anyone is still looking.
    Cheers.

fayc
    Free Member

Hi antonyjames – you still have any tickets left??

generallevi
    Free Member

Hey,
    Quick one but has anyone got any spare Passportes entries they want to get rid for any resort for the Sunday?

We have been going every year since 2006 with our club, however this year we have two people who didn’t get tickets.
    I know there was a little bit of madness at this years booking morning that loads of people ended up with too many tickets due to the system crashing and people going nuts and buying too many as the time ticked down.
    If you are one of those people,
    Give us a shout!

All the very best,
    Lee.

blurltrider
    Free Member

Fay and Lee, I’ve got Antony’s email address – do you want me to try and find out if he’s got any of the entries left?
    Fiona

fayc
    Free Member

Yes please Fiona!!

blurltrider
    Free Member

Sorry, I didn’t see your post till this morning so i’ve just emailed. Hope it works out!

blurltrider
    Free Member

Fay, I’ve messaged you on FB to give you Antony’s email. He’s got some entries left.

deadkenny
    Free Member

From other post, if anyone happens to have one, an entry for the Friday would be great 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘6 x Pass Portes du Soliel passes for sale at cost Sunday 30th June from Avoriaz’ is closed to new replies.