Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 6 weeks of sunshine, now continuous rain!
  • alpin
    Free Member

For the last six weeks, bar a few days about five weeks ago where we had a few thunder storms, Munich has been blessed with blue skies and temps over 26C. I was working at the Oktoberfest, mostly outside. I was a sweaty lump, my arse was chaffing, but am at least nice and tanned.

Friday was the last build day. At about 4pm a massive, dark grey cloud appeared on the horizon. It chucked it down…. Standing in the tent it felt like armaggeddon!

And it has not stopped raining since! Constant rain since Friday afternoon and it’s due to continue all week.

A bit crap for those visiting the Oktoberfest….!

MoreCashThanDash

You’ll get no sympathy from the swamp dwellers over here in the UK!

legend
    Free Member

jeez, have a smoke and calm down

bikebouy
    Free Member

Will the rain water the beer down?
    Think positive, go get some of those cocktail umbrellas and start selling them for the beer mugs/to the beer mugs 😀

alpin
    Free Member

nah… i’m off to the UK tonight. the current weather makes leaving much easier.

also touch of schadenfreude knowing to all the drunks are staggering around/throwing up in the rain.

not much fun for those working the fun fair rides or the goats and sheep stuck out in the rain in the agricultural show….

(at 4:15 you can see my handiwork, well, woodwork. the tent was already standing…. it’s the main hall of the Bavarian Farmers Association. the pen at the front is for the goats…. :D)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Heqf1DeVoo[/video]

p.s. not smoked for over 6 weeks. i don’t feel any better or worse for it.

GrahamS

You’ll get no sympathy from the swamp dwellers over here in the UK!

We had our first barbeque of the summer yesterday!

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve eaten so much steak the last few weeks…. more than in the whole of last year, i think…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘6 weeks of sunshine, now continuous rain!’ is closed to new replies.