Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 6 Music Rave day
  • toby1

Honestly, this far in and no moaning about the stream of techno? Quite enjoying it so far personally 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

Nice!!

Injected with a poison!!!

llama

The intersection between 6 music listeners, ex ravers, people in IT, and middle class cyclists is so large I’m sure there will be a cycling-computer-rave day at some point

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IdleJon

Ah, that’s why I had to turn it off this morning. 😂

chipsngravy
    Free Member

MAH makes this unlistenable.

somafunk

Derrick May on now, strings of life.

Haze

Was pretty rubbish when i tuned in but picking up a bit now…bit of UR…

jam-bo

this morning was good but lost its way a bit…

toby1

Keavney doesn’t seem to be committed to it. I’d be up for Nemone as a permanent morning host, such a silky voice.

jam-bo

Keavney doesn’t seem to be committed to it

what do you mean. the supremes were a rave favorite…

BigJohn

I’ve got very little work done so far today. Phone calls are out of the question.

I quite like MAH, even though I can never figure out what’s going on between her and Nils Frahm. Is she his Mom?

EDIT – Yes, I was wondering what Diana Ross-based rave scene had passed me by.

Kahurangi

The rave is great. I’ve listened to RadMac from the weekend, Cillian Murphy’s Mixtape…

CountZero

The only 6Music I’ve listened to today was Riley on my way home. I either turned off the car radios I was driving, or listened if it was Radio 2. Rave music and culture is meaningless to me.

somafunk

Radio 2 suits you…..grandad. Take a pill and appreciate/join in the most meaningful cultural shift of a generation over the last 30 years 🤪

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Keavney doesn’t seem to be committed to it

Yeah that Motown rave shit was niche huh? Just listening to him at work today on catch up. Seemed a bit odd. Plenty on catch up though – Steve Lurpack / Orbital is a good bit to listen to.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Rave music and culture is meaningless to me.

As is radio 2 to me.

binners

You turned off 6 music rave day to listen to radio 2?

And you’ve stated that publicly?

You realise that thats the kind of statement that should be prefixed with “you know you’ve given up on life when….” 😛

I even put up with Mary Anne Hobnobs nauseatingly twee witterings about beautiful sonic journeys to listen to it

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

The morning was good but it did seem like they were just playing anything at times in the afternoon.

There was a rave at Triscombe a couple months back. I remember turning up in the car park and hearing the tunes thumping out from somewhere in the trees, my mate heard it from about 3 miles away!

Thought it would be rude not to swing by and check it out while we were there so just followed the sound. We hung around and had a chat with them for a bit, apparently the police had turned up and just said turn it down and make sure you’re all gone by lunchtime.

Don’t know if this picture will work

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S2e9Lwr1ppKQVaRd9

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘6 Music Rave day’ is closed to new replies.