Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • 6 Music Festival – Newcastle/Gateshead
  • CountZero

Not really. If you’d understood my previous post, you’ll have seen that I just plug my iPod in.

Then you miss all the new stuff they play that doesn’t get played anywhere else.
    As far as I’ve been able to make out, the festival ads get played once per daytime show, so, as I ignore Keavney these days, I only hear them twice.

lemonysam – Member
    Lauren Laverne.

I imagine she might object to being called a Geordie.
    As she’s a Sunderland lass, I imagine being called a Geordie might get a slightly frosty reception. 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

We got saturday tickets but couldn’t do sunday. Anyone else going?

Looks like it’s just me…

DezB
    Free Member

Then you miss all the new stuff they play that doesn’t get played anywhere else.

I haven’t got the patience to wait for that… iPod battery ran out this morning, switched to radio, got that annoying John Peel wannabe and he played an old Blur track, Cream, 2 other old things I can’t remember and some generic indie from Django Django. But most of the time was taken up by him mumbling on trying to be amusing. It’s just not the radio station for me. (I don’t think there is one!)

MrNice
    Free Member

the trailers are doing my nut in too. Every 30 minutes they’re shouting the names of bands like they’re reading out the phone book. Apparently all these bands are appearing “side by side” and not one after the other like at a normal festival 😕

The bint doing the trailers is not LaLa but she does have a rather wonderful accent…

lemonysam
    Free Member

The ballot for the free stuff is up:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1vLlY9tx81vQM1NQXRP73pg/6-music-festival-by-day

The Cluny: Music from…

Girl Band
    Slaves
    The Wave Pictures
    Joanna Gruesome
    Slug
    The Wytches
    Fat White Family
    The Pop Group

The Cumberland Arms: Folk
    Kate Tempest & Eliza Carthy in Conversation
    Marika Hackman
    Songhoy Blues
    Moulettes and Kings of the South Seas performing and in Conversation with Mark Radcliffe
    Tom Robinson with Gerry Diver
    Stornoway

6 Music by Day: Sunday
    The Boiler Shop: Music, Conversation and Record Fair

Du Blonde featuring Beth Jeans Houghton
    Cerys Matthews with Tim Burgess
    Guy Garvey
    BBC Introducing in the North East with Tom Robinson present special guests Hyde & Beast and Woman’s Hour
    Northern Soul Past & Present – a panel discussion with Stuart Maconie, Elaine Constantine, Tomas McGrath, Richard Searling, Ady Croasdell and Paddy Grady
    Beardyman – Creates an Album In An Hour
    Steve Lamacq interview with Gaz Coombes
    Wolf Alice
    BBC Introducing in the North East with Tom Robinson featuring Shields, Tessera Skies and Yellow Creatures

DezB
    Free Member

The Pop Group

New album is superb. But I refuse to like it cos they’re old 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

New album is superb. But I refuse to like it cos they’re old

I’ve only heard one track off it but enjoyed that. Like Beth Jeans Houghton and some of the Introducing bands so we’ve put in for sunday.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I think this is an epic fail – take what would normally bea years worth of gigs for Newcastle (and represents a lot more quality and variety than we usually get) and stick them into what essentially amounts to 3-4 gigs at two venues (a lot of the Cluny stuff is discussion and all that sort of blah)
    cant help but think they could have spread it around a bit and given people more chance of getting a ticket.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘6 Music Festival – Newcastle/Gateshead’ is closed to new replies.