Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • 6 music "axe factor" cast your vote
  • Northwind

Nickc wrote,

"That's why guitarists like Charlotte are there, and Cobain, listen to the opening of "Come as you are" is sooo simple a child could play it, but it sends shivers down your spine, a song like that. And technical music can never do that, it's interesting in a chin stroking way, but it can't compete with feeling, and never will."

But that's a whole other topic, that's great songwriting not great guitar playing. Playing great music doesn't make you a great guitarist. I can play Come As You Are and I'm incredibly s**t.

As for feeling… nothing Nirvana ever did sent shivers down my spine, but Citizen Erased by Muse has made me cry in a crowd of 60000 people and that's full of fretboard wankery and muso nonsense, and very technical- music doesn't have to be a blunt instrument to have an emotional impact.

muggomagic

Citizen erased is a superb. That whole album is too.
    I was very surprised to see some of the names in the list, but then I thought maybe the list is not just about awesome guitarists. Maybe it's about people that make great sounds with a guitar. You don't have to be technically brilliant to make a great sound.

Northwind

Hah, why isn't Wes Borland in it? :mrgreen: And BUCKETHEAD!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘6 music "axe factor" cast your vote’ is closed to new replies.