Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • 6.5%… over three years. So that’s not 6.5% then, is it? Idiots.
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

I notice the deal has been agreed with the unions, but no mention of the lost of leave (on the BBC anyway) has it been dropped?

dissonance

but no mention of the lost of leave (on the BBC anyway) has it been dropped?

Yup according to the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/mar/21/ministers-drop-demand-that-nhs-staff-give-up-days-leave-for-pay-rise

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hmm, distraction method to offer the unions a ‘win’ whilst accepting a small increase?

Ah, who knows. At this stage anything is a win.

Well maybe, we’re in Wales so it doesn’t apply here by default and Mrs is top of Band 5 3 days a week and middle of Band 6 2 days a week. NHS complex? Nah.

dyls

By my reckoning a 27% ish cut in real term wages since 2010 using compound interest. Appreciate its not just NHS though. And now a 2% yearly increase, RPI in February 2018 is 3.6%.

Drac

The loss of a days holiday was denied by Unions from day one.

The offer is reducing the number of payscales so there’s some bag pay rises for some and some not so great for others. Interesting is though that within 2 years somecan reach the top of their pay scale, reaching those that have many years service in 2 quick steps.

I’ll not mention specifics of my role and how it effects that but I can see some reshuffling happening.

anagallis_arvensis

So whats the betting the Tories use the NHS pay rise as a tool to pick a fight with, say for example teachers, when they look for a massive 2% rise!!

Drac

I thought they wanted 5% which is shocking given the effective freeze teaching has had too.

langylad
    Free Member

6.5%, I dream of 6.5%, you lucky, lucky bastard (read with Palin accent).

We had a 2% last year, but we didn’t really because 1% was a one off payment., more cleverly worded spin. Back to the 1% next year.

I joined in 1994 and pay was circa 18000. New recruits are on a couple of grand more now 25 years later. No matter what lovely platitudes they may air publicly, they are privately diminishing the public sector in so many ways

mildred

Yes they are; I’ve been top of my pay scale for 10 years now – despite my “generous” 1% pay rise and last year’s one off, non-pensionable 1% I’ve had my Special Priority Payment & Competency Related Threshold payment removed, leaving me worse off now than in 2010. And that’s ignoring the effects of inflation..!

Also, the whole nhs offer of giving up a day of leave in return for this increase seems to me mis-reported; surely that was 3 days leave? If they’re gonna compound the rise and give the total why not be honest and apply the same method to the day off – it was gonna be 1 day per year (forever) as far as I could tell – not just 7.5hrs as a one off..!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘6.5%… over three years. So that’s not 6.5% then, is it? Idiots.’ is closed to new replies.