Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • 5G…. What do you think?
  • robowns
    Free Member

I can’t believe that peoples health concerns on this thread are genuine. Surely not.

DezB
    Free Member

Clicked on a couple of links, looked like proper research to me.
    Glad I’m wrong and stw posters know better than scientists (if thats what they are) though, cos there ain’t no stopping it.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I have a Biosciences degree, a graduate certificate in statistics and 6 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry….

Then are postdocs on here who will come and rip that link a new arsehole in a bit.

Cougar

You realise that you’ve just criticised STW for “knowing better than scientists” whilst in the previous breath claiming that you’re equipped to critically evaluate what “proper research” looks like? These two stances are mutually exclusive, pick one.

sirromj

The older I’ve got the less interested in new tech I’ve become. 5CNGAFs from me.

DezB
    Free Member

claiming that you’re equipped to critically evaluate what “proper research” looks like?

No I didn’t. I said it looked like it, not it was. And in the very next sentence said I was wrong. Looks like I picked one, eh.

CountZero

It has the potential to replace wired ground based infrastructure. So could have a very significant impact in terms of cost and access.

From what I’ve read, millimetre wave 5G is pretty much LoS, roughly 500 metres, with very little penetration of solid structure, which I’d have thought would vastly increase wired ground-based infrastructure; otherwise, how are those very short-wave frequencies going to be transmitted?
    I honestly can’t see 5G bringing any benefit to suburban or rural phone users – it took a considerable amount of time before 4G coverage came to Chippenham, and at least a year before the town got full coverage; even now coverage can be a bit spotty, and there are parts of the city of Bath, right in the centre, where there’s virtually no phone coverage, let alone 4G!
    I can’t see there being 5G coverage of any significance for ten years or so.

DezB
    Free Member

and.. at least i’ve actually engaged in the subject being discussed rather than just misinterpretations of what other posters say.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

The problem is, is that actual scientists have had enough of science walts pretending to science ever since idiots the world over brought us a spate of hilarious escapades such as the Wakefield scandal and climate change denial.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t think Cougar directed that comment at you Dez, looked like the post above his

(could be rong obvz)

raybanwomble
    Free Member

You are.

I never claimed STW knew better than scientists.

scaredypants

(Apologies in advance for slightly chippy content)

4G is saturated in a lot of places I frequent (London Waterloo, City of London). Often have to turn it off and go back to 3G.

And there we’ve hit it – (soz to the poster but, …) as ever it’s **** toss-arsed, shitting London !
    So what if some other large town & cities can’t even get reliable call coverage – some **** in London need to stream Game of Thrones while they’re **** in the tube station bogs.
    Heathrow’s really overcrowded so, I know, let’s have another runway – the alternative’s unthinkable, allowing peasants from the provinces to fly from a nearby airport with better road links? Madness!
    Crossrail, HS2 – shove it up your arses, “Powerhouse”, these are for London. Why would anyone want to travel from Sheffield to Manchester on a decent train service when they can come to London?

molgrips
    Free Member

And there we’ve hit it – (soz to the poster but, …) as ever it’s **** toss-arsed, shitting London !

Talk about chips on shoulders, FFS. It’s nothing whatsoever to do with London, and everything to do with capitalism. Why would you spend millions rolling out network coverage to a few country bumpkins whose combined phone subscriptions won’t make a dent in the money they had to spend.

The thing you have to remember about London is that it’s really big and full of rich people. Do the math, as they say. It’s not personal.

scaredypants

Well, I did warn you 😉

You can’t say it’s nothing to do with London and then that I have to do the math (regarding why it’s all about London – doesn’t matter why, just that it is).

The more that government invests in London infrastructure (while doing so to a far lesser extent for other cities) the bigger and more overpowering it becomes in relation to the rest of the country. Same as with roads – widen them and they attract more traffic; build London a 5g network and then what? sit back and relax, knowing that it will never be overloaded or watch as every self-possessed tosser in the city streams their every waking moment to every other dozy chimp. Build a new runway at Heathrow and wonder why the M25 “needs” 2 more lanes.

[Meldrew out]

sirromj

**** everything that actually grows we need to grow things that don’t.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

possessed tosser in the city streams their every waking moment to every other dozy chimp

Why would I stream my life to scousers?

martymac

‘Idiotology’
    Is my new favourite word.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘5G…. What do you think?’ is closed to new replies.