Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 591 Thule Tbolts on a 10mm railed roof bar?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve just got a pair of 591s locally and went to put them on existing roof bars that have an alloy channel but it appears my channel is 10mm not 20mm like thules. A quick google and I can’t find any suitable 10mm tbolts with a 10mm head. Should I just cut my bolts down ?

Cougar

That sounds like a terrible idea for something massively structural.

roofbox.co.uk is my go-to for this sort of stuff. They might be able to advise at least.

dc1988

Use the clamp around option instead

b230ftw
    Free Member

What roof bars are they? I understand BMW OEM bars are different to Thule in the slot size but IIRC they are 24mm.

b230ftw
    Free Member

I’ve done a deep Google search and I can’t find any reference to 10mm slots at all. Are you sure you’ve a) measured it correctly and b) the slots are actually designed for installing accessories?

What make are the bars? Most OEM bars from car companies are another brand rebadged.

matt_outandabout

Our old Galaxy had t-channel slots in the roof – it took some proper hunting to find out the correct Thule fitting, but I found it in the end.

Iirc, I used the Thule site to ID them.

What car is it and can you post a picture?

alexxx
    Free Member

M way eagle 1200 – they have a 10mm slot .. it’s not as bad as it sounds as it will still be 20mm wide.. still a lot of structural integrity- mway do a 10mm bolt for their accessories but they aren’t long enough.

edit – Volvo v50 has roof rails already

matt_outandabout

Ah, I see the channel is the bars not the roof.

Ignore me. 😉

Sell the bars, buy proper Thule or Atera. I’ve just bought newish Atera wing bars with feet for £30 from a near neighbour on Facebook…

Cougar

I could probably be tempted to part with a set of WispBars or whatever they’re called. Say £50 collected from East Lancashire and they’ll need a good clean. I’m unlikely to be needing them any time soon. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll go look what they actually are.

alexxx
    Free Member

I’m based in ulverston so not so close sadly – do they have the right foot pack for existing roof rails?

Cougar

They do if you drive a Hyundai i40.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘591 Thule Tbolts on a 10mm railed roof bar?’ is closed to new replies.