Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 5.5 tonnes of fireworks.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That’s what they’re apparently setting off from Edinburgh Castle tomorrow night. How long do the fireworks last for with the hogmanay display?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good to see Edinburgh Council spending money wisely in these austere times.

It’s nice that people will be able to use that new tram system that’s bin running for a couple of years in the city, is not it?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Hmm – not sure if it costs the city council much to be honest.

Kuco

Maybe they brought them cheap online? 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

I was listening to Radio Scotland earlier today and they said that the Homogamy festival is worth 27 million pounds to the Edinburgh economy and I guess that 5.5 tonnes of fireworks cost significantly less than that.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How on Earth do they work such figures out? I’d really love to know.

Cougar

We’ve bought loads of fireworks. Quick, to the weigh scales!!

Hohum
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Dinnae diss Radio Scotland Elfin!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

OK – daft question. Do you weigh fireworks as they take off (obviously heavier) or as they land (again – heavy from impact) ?

Hohum
    Free Member

Elfin,

They were planning on selling 80,000 tickets for the street party at a price varying from £15.00 – £40.00 and I guess that the costs can be fairly easily worked out and then they can assume some sort of spend on drinks and food per head and Bob’s your uncle 🙂

I guess that the cost of the fireworks would also be included in the costs.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Estimate of visitor numbers multiplied by average spent per visitor.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Dinnae diss Radio Scotland Elfin!

Quite frankly I’m still stunned by the revelation that they have radio in Scotland. 😯

Wonders will never cease….

😉

Hohum
    Free Member

Television as well mate 😮

Northwind

Elfinsafety – Member

Good to see Edinburgh Council spending money wisely in these austere times.

Deary me. It’s a massive attraction to the city (at a time of year where everywhere else is moaning about the “post christmas blues”), and makes money in its own right.

luke
    Free Member

There’s three ways they could have got the 5.5 ton figure, one is the combined weight of the fireworks and all the firing kit used, another is the actual weight of the fireworks as the are, and the third is by the net explosive weight or neq.
    I’ve seen all three used in the past but I doubt the 5.5 ton figure is the neq weight.

grantway
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Buy One Get One Free

skiboy
    Free Member

I hope it goes something like this,
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8joiS62js[/video]

hugor
    Free Member

Amazing firework display last night at the torchlight procession. Record numbers of people here ATM. Even sold out of torches very early in the afternoon! Should be an amazing display tonight.
    I contribute to charities all year generously, but you’ve gotta let go sometimes and just enjoy yourself rather than feel guilty for splurging out your hard earned.
    I’m sure Edinburgh council make their firework outlay back many times over, which they can return to the less privileged groups in their city.

onehundredthidiot

Hugor, your last sentence is priceless. 😆

hugor
    Free Member

Probably a bit optimistic I agree. 😐
    I have woken up feeling like I had 10 packs of ciggies last night following the torchlight procession.
    I’m coughing and snotting up black shit even worse than when I used to smoke many years ago.
    There were so many really young kids on their parents shoulders right at torch height.
    Why you would subject your infants lungs to that is beyond me.
    Anyhow sorry for the off topic rant.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘5.5 tonnes of fireworks.’ is closed to new replies.