• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 5AM.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 55 ata
  • lister11
    Free Member

Hi,

I don’t need any of the ‘these are Gash’ type comments. i just need some help!

I’ve some 2008 marz 55 ata forks. the previos owner sent them in for a refit to stop them packing down. Sweet.

Except, when i went to asjust the air pressures i could only find one valve (on the base). I poped off the top caps but there is no 2nd valve like there should be…….

I know they are 55 ata’s as they are labeled as such, are the right colours and say ‘PAR’ on the lower valve area.

I know there were cheaper ATA2 forks with only one valve on the base but they wern’t PAR were they?

So – What the hell have i got? Or. Where the hell is the other valve. All thats under the red cap on top is the end of the shaft for adjusting the travel.

regards

16stonepig
    Free Member

Pics? I’ve got a 2008 55 ATA, and under the travel adjust cap is a schraeder valve.

lister11
    Free Member

thats what i expected to find. Except….no.

i think he had them refurbed with ata 2 internals?

think i’ll call windwave on monday.

5AM
    Free Member

There are 2 versions of the ATA, one with 2 valves and one with just the one. I think (buy could very easily be wrong,) that the 55’s with just the 1 valve were OEM kit, and automatically put air in to both sides of the cartridge.
    On my 55’s that I sent back to Windwave last year they uprated them to coils. So who knows what you have now?
    Speak to the guys there, I have to say the service they gave me was nothing short of spectacular, my hat is off to them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘55 ata’ is closed to new replies.