Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 510 Freerider EPS High boots or Guide Tennie?
  • lotto
    Free Member

Any real world feedback before hitting the buy button? Kind of look to be ticking all the boxes for a winter flat pedal boot or would the Guide Tennie be better for bike a hikes? Looks like a more aggressive sole but still stealth rubber.

zelak999
    Free Member

I’ve got the standard freerider eps and it’s a great shoe.
    Not particularly great for walking in though.
    I would say the EPS freerider and the tennie are a vastly different show.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the guide tennies, lovely shoes but they’re designed as bouldering / approach shoes, as such the the sole isn’t particularly more aggressive than the 5.10 biking shoes. Does feel like a different 5.10 rubber compound though and suspect it would cut up badly on aggressive pins. On the up side, they are more supportive then my impact xvi’s

Northwind

The EPS is poor in the wet unfortunately- it’s warm when it’s dry but there’s no real water protection and once they’re wet through they’re not warm. I’ve worn them on dry, cold days in the snow etc and they’re absolutely great for that but in the cold and wet they’re way inferior to the Freerider Element.

It’s a total bummer tbh, if they’d given it the water resistance of the Element (which still isn’t all that good, but head and shoulders above) it’d have been a great shoe. To be fair, it still is at times, but not right for the UK climate

pipiom
    Free Member

Just got my 5:10 Tennie mids and took them for a three hour spin in some pretty awful conditions: driving fine rain, cold wind etc; toasty,warm and dry feet, is a phrase I’ve never had the luxury to be able to use, until now.
    Superb grip (even though the soles do feel harder) and definitely recommended. Hopefully they’ll last, but so far, it’s a big yes from me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘510 Freerider EPS High boots or Guide Tennie?’ is closed to new replies.