Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 51/2 times D/D limit driving on M66 – one front wheel without a tyre!
  • derek_starship
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Manic’ chesterer innit.

🤪

kerley
    Free Member

You would have to be pissed to think driving without a tyre is a good idea.

hols2
    Free Member

null

pocpoc
    Free Member

Ignore awful journo “skills”

I tried. But the repeat use of “tyre worn down to the metal” is a new type of special….
    metal

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

51/2=25.5?

derek_starship
    Free Member

If I had 196 micrograms of alcohol in my breath; I wouldn’t be able to find my car never mind drive it onto a motorway.

leffeboy

that’s why I don’t even like cycling late in the evenings as you have no idea who is out on the road in that sort of state.  It’s a bit scary really

DezB
    Free Member

“Ban booze simple” is my favourite comment ever.

ayjaydoubleyou

“Ban booze simple” is my favourite comment ever.

Well in a world of internet anonymity, its nice that he has signed his comment with his nickname.

binners

As someone who lives by the M66, I’m not remotely surprised. It’s like the 1970’s when it comes to attitudes to drink driving when you get out to East Lancs.

A mate of mine was getting a cab home in the early hours of Boxing Day and panic ensued when the taxi was faced with someone driving up the M66 the wrong way.

Par for the course, around here.

The thing that surprises me is the fact he was actually stopped. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a police car on the 66

kerley
    Free Member

Where I live it is the 1970’s. Like a lot of rural places people drive to and from the pub as though drink driving laws don’t yet exist.

Loughan
    Free Member

Where I live it is the 1970’s…

Where i live it’s the 1790s, the ale’s terrible and old Bill overturned his horse riding back from the King Henry last week

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A mate of mine was getting a cab home in the early hours of Boxing Day and panic ensued when the taxi was faced with someone driving up the M66 the wrong way.

Only time that’s ever happened to me was on the M6, is it a local thing?

That and, even if you were that stupid having entered the motorway the wrong way, and to carry on, they were driving in the carriageway, surely with any remaining logical thought you would drive down the hard shoulder.

The trail of swerved and crashed cars behind them must have made insurance companies weep.

And more surprisingly, couldn’t find a mention of it on the news or anywhere, is it not even newsworthy?

v8ninety

The trail of swerved and crashed cars behind them must have made insurance companies weep. rub their hands together with glee at the thought of all the premium increases they can inflict on innocent parties because ‘statistically’ they are more of a risk now they’ve been driven into by a pisshead now…

Not that I’m bitter or anything…

crazy-legs

And more surprisingly, couldn’t find a mention of it on the news or anywhere, is it not even newsworthy?

Not unless someone dies.

Compare that to if a cyclist ends up in a motorway, causes no real harm to anyone but gets hundreds of column inches.

cookeaa

Bewildered police officers posted details about the incident online after detaining a man for drink driving.

Should they actually be doing that?

Don’t they run the chance of knackering the court case down the line by putting potentially prejudicial information in the public domain?

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t they run the chance of knackering the court case down the line by putting potentially prejudicial information in the public domain?

It’s fine, they’ve not named the driver.

They can report it again – with name – when the driver is charged. But then it’s all “alleged” until the court convicts (or not).

(former news hack)

poly
    Free Member

Should they actually be doing that?

Many serious offences (murders, rapes etc) manage to report the incident and the arrest and still have a successful court case. Given this is presumably just prosecuted as a summary case (magistrates rather than jury) there is even less risk that matters out side the actual evidence are considered.

zbonty

The Thursday before Xmas a drunk driver demolished the wall of a guest house near my place at 11pm. Whilst the police were in attendance, parked up, lights on etc a second drunk **** went up the back of the police car.
    Imagine what sort of reception they had! Two for the price of one atleast.

Gary_C

Slightly incorrect thread title.

Both front wheels were minus their tyres…

You have to wonder how far that idiot had driven previous to being stopped.

scaredypants

They can report it again – with name – when the driver is charged

And again to report the suspended sentence and keeping his licence because of potential hardship ??

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘51/2 times D/D limit driving on M66 – one front wheel without a tyre!’ is closed to new replies.