Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • 50th present for a very rich person.
  • zippykona

He supports West Bromwich and has 2 of absolutely everything.

He is taking us away to Portugal in a posh hotel everything included.
    So a meaningful gift for less than £300. Any ideas?
    Help!

somouk
    Free Member

Not sure this should be in For Sale?

To answer the question though… See if you can get in touch with Super Bobby Taylor and get something signed for him?

woodsie
    Free Member

a nice hat
    everyone loves a hat

tiggs121
    Free Member

I bet he’s never done this?

Book him up come to Edinburgh

zippykona

If this could be moved to chat that would be a bonus.

Bez

Buy my Mont Blanc pen 🙂

funkmasterp

Get him a third of something. It’s the magic number!

jkomo

Kill his dog and have it stuffed?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

He supports West Bromwich and has 2 of absolutely everything

…sounds great….

woodsie
    Free Member

or buy him 3 hats……. and one for his dog

Speshpaul

“He supports West Bromwich and has 2 of absolutely everything.”
    so he has two hollow empty feelings?

Marin
    Free Member

Kill his dog and have it stuffed

Not advisable but very funny.

midlifecrashes

Something from the year of his birth?

These would be the players of the 1967/68 season, FA cup winners, glory days?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/West-Bromwich-Albion-Signed-Shirt-/122699334835?hash=item1c917344b3:g:Rx8AAOSwrRlZmu4a

My the time you frame it with a period photo, maybe a programme too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-05-1968-EVERTON-v-WEST-BROMWICH-ALBION-FA-CUP-FINAL-PROGRAMME-SONG-SHEET-/302396018742?hash=item4668351036:g:FzMAAOSw-u1ZecC3

and a Jeff Astle autograph too, no WBA display would be without one.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEST-BROMWICH-ALBION-JEFF-ASTLE-SIGNED-WBA-/222619975928?hash=item33d52f40f8:g:Ie8AAOSwAr9Zg2b0

you’ll be well into your budget.

Unless he’s got two of that lot as well.

johndoh
    Free Member

jkomo – Member

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    Properly laughing out loud, none of that meaningless LOL shit, thank you. Priceless.

Cougar

IMHO throwing £300 at a present for a “very rich person” is a terrific waste of money unless you’re also moderately rich yourself. If I was spending that sort of money on a gift then it’d be for someone I knew well enough how to buy for without having to ask the Internet. (TBH, if I was spending that sort of money on a gift I’d be sharing a bed with them.)

So, think emotional / doing rather than $stuff. Do you have a skillset where you could make something, maybe? A couple of weeks of your time and some thought and consideration would be far more appreciated than throwing money at the problem, I’d have thought.

Failing that, activities; is there something you could do together even? Track day? Skydiving? Clay pigeon shooting?

km79
    Free Member

Carve him a spoon and donate the money to charity instead.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Power kite and a ceramic poppy.

Cougar

#PrayFor…OhICantBeBothered

takisawa2

That talking loo roll dispenser from Father Ted.

wilburt
    Free Member

An Opinel and a Hard back copy of 1984

TBH I would struggle to spend more than £30 on anyone who wasnt my family or I was in a close relationship .

zippykona

Football shirt is a very good idea.
    He doesn’t have a dog.

sniff
    Free Member

A dog.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Arrange dinner with Frank Skinner, they could compare notes on investment strategy, or a seance to have a chat with Geoff Astle.

RustySpanner

🙂

jkomo – Member

Yeah, proper set me off that. 😀

daviek

Nice bottle of whisky or Gin or whatever he drink or book him up for some sky diving.

but agree with Cougar £300 at somebody that’s minted is a bit much unless you’re also minted

zippykona

For my 50th he gave me and mrs zip a suite at Claridges and dinner at Fera so we’d like to make the effort.

Russell96

A £199 50th birthday treat to myself, well worth it

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

True story

My Best friend and his sister own a very well known watch brand, when their mother died 2 years ago the son in law (sister husband) gave a speech at the funeral along with all the usual nice things that are said at funerals he also said that every year for the last 20 years the mother (in law) had given them cling film and silver foil for presents ! It turned out it was the only thing she felt she could give to them as they had everything !

A useful present is always best !

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

He supports West Bromwich

Maybe he could get to have a kick about with my Grans best friend’s Grandson?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wile 😆

frankconway

1971 Dom Pérignon; yours for exactly £300.
    Email in profile if you’re interested.

Bez

That talking loo roll dispenser from Father Ted.

It was a sticky tape dispenser. I assume you must have an extremely clean bottom and a Dyno-Rod loyalty card.

Cougar

For my 50th he gave me and mrs zip a suite at Claridges and dinner at Fera so we’d like to make the effort.

Sure, make the effort. But don’t confuse that with competition. It’s not a challenge.

A “very rich person” friend spending money on you because they can doesn’t necessarily demand reciprocation (and they’d probably be insulted if you thought otherwise).

Was their 50th present to you something well-considered that they knew you’d like, or was it blindly throwing cash at a meal and a hotel?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Couger +1.

Make something and give something to a charity that would mean something to him.

lotsroad
    Free Member

In these days of digital everything, there’s a lot to be said for good old fashioned photos/albums. I did the coast to coast with a cousin, printed up the snaps and put them in an album for his 60th. He was very chuffed. Takes time and consideration , which are the real ‘gifts’. As Cougar said. (Not bigging myself up, just saying).
    If he’s laying Claridges off on you, don’t think you can compete unless you are also very wealthy. Even if you are it’s just swapping trinkets isn’t it.?Could combine with a nice bottle of something just to show you’re not being cheap.
    Embroidered personalised cycle shirt?
    Name on bicycle frame sticker..?
    Hire a chef to go round there and make them a nice meal at home?
    Friend had her 50th recently and one of best presents was a copy of The Times from the day she was born. Showed the same stories as today, just different characters. And a hand embroidered sash from a sister. And an engraved letter opener from…ahem… modesty does not permit me to comment further.
    Maybe a witty/affectionate poem/speech to read out at the event? It always seems a shame to me that people have to wait till their funeral to ‘hear’ their eulogy..
    Speak to wife/friends and run ideas by them…

lotsroad
    Free Member

Or maybe a video where you interview friends/family/kids where you ask: what are the things you really like about x ? Play at event…sit back and bask in glory…

dannybgoode

Genuine story. Through some connection I’m unsure of to this day my mum got invited to stay with the King of Bahrain whilst he was in London back in the late 80’s.

She was expected to take a gift so found a pair of round dice being fairly convinced it would be something he didn’t have.

He was delighted with them and declared of he threw a double 6 with his first throw my mum would be next wife.

He of course did throw a double 6 but alas I never did become an heir to the Bahraini royal fortune – my life could have been so different *sigh*.

Anyway yes – a pair of round dice appears to go down well with the rich.

jonnyboi

You can bid on signed wba stuff here

https://westbromwichalbionfcofficial.sport-auction.com

Gunz
    Free Member

A Fleshlight.

You never get too old or rich to enjoy a good tug.

bazzer
    Free Member

You lot are a right bunch of tight gits. His friend is taking him on a what I assume is a very expensive all expenses paid holiday and you lot are penny pinching.

As for only spending that sort of money on someone you know well. I know my Dad pretty well but always have to ask my sister what to buy him for Xmas !!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just googled “West Bromwich Albion football memorabilia” and it’s brought up a signed football shirt by Bobby Robson and it’s £40…

I suggest the OP getsagooglin…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘50th present for a very rich person.’ is closed to new replies.