50p for hundreds n thousands

Home Forum Chat Forum 50p for hundreds n thousands

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 50p for hundreds n thousands
  • jon1973

That’s a pretty good mark up for her.

druidh

You should have handed them back 🙂

jota180

How much was monkey’s blood? another 50p 😯

project

When will punters realise that most ice cream vans are single person operted, and that they have no toilet facilities on board, nad to close and lock the windows and then go and find a toilet to use is difficult,so they either have bladers of a camel, or urinate round the back of the van, then there is the sometimes lack of hand washing after handling all those dirty coins and notes from the plebs.
    Most have a sink, but is there water and clean towels and soap available, same with burger vans,ask where they go for a p… and see what answer you get.

Bought Mrs_d an ice cream cone today. Base price £1.30.

Sauce on it, then I asked for hundreds n thousands. “it will be extra” said the woman in the ice cream van. N”no problem” said I, thinking maybe 10p.

“that’s £1.80 please”

😯

and your point is?

this was at Crown Point retail park, Leeds. Toilets & other washing facilities definitely do exist.

I did say to her “jeez, you certainly know how to make a profit”. she didn’t reply.
    I won’t be buying from that van again. “Sprinkles Ice Cream” to name & shame

jon1973

So they piss round the back of the van, don’t wash their hands and then serve you ice cream? I think the cost of the hundreds and thousands are the least of your problems.

project

The point being you pay over the odds for a product, and run the possibility of picking up an upset stomach.

Near us is the seaside and about a hundred yards away is a morisons, morrisons cornetto type cornets 1.00 for 4,ice cream van parked on double yellow lines, £1.60 each.

Probably the lady is not making any profit but being paid a standard rate of pay for the job, you should have directed your profit point at the management,their address should be on the side of the van in legible size.

dingabell

On a slightly different rip off note-My wife wanted a lemonade and lime the other day. Cost of a glass of lemonade £1.50, cost of lemonade with a dash of lime £3.00!! She then had a calypso coffee after the meal-£7.00!! No prices on the menu. Funny that.

andyl

I wonder if they sell hundreds and thousands in small packets tht you can keep in your wallet? hmm could be onto a good thing here…

jon1973

You could call them ‘Tens and Hundreds’

chewkw

The ice-cream seller saw you coming …

jon1973

To be honest, if she tried to charge me an extra 50p for hundreds and thousands, I’d have told she can keep it. I did that in a pub once when they tried to charge me £2.50 for a pint of lime and soda (as part of a round of other drinks).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘50p for hundreds n thousands’ is closed to new replies.