Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 502 bad gateway…why?
  • bruneep

—— [Mod] reported to Tech and thanks for bringing to our attention.

scotroutes

Yep, it’s been happening all day.

I’ve Reported your post so it is taken up the line.

anthonyweighell

Hi,

We are aware of these 502 errors and we are investigating the reason behind them, we will provide updates as soon as we can.

Thank you
    Tech

IHN

I don’t know if it’s related, but as well as the 502 errors I’ve found the forum reeeeeeeeeeeally slow at times over the last few days.

footflaps

One of the Hamsters has Covid…

bigginge

onewheelgood

I don’t know if it’s related, but as well as the 502 errors I’ve found the forum reeeeeeeeeeeally slow at times over the last few days.

Not so much slow, as just ignoring me. Click a link, nothing happens except progress bar moves a bit. Get bored with waiting, click link again and it works.

IHN

^ yeah, that

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s the stock nginx error page. This can mean nginx is misconfigured. In this case, maybe it’s one of the servers in the cluster that’s down, but I’m guessing here because I don’t know how the site is set up.

Not so much slow, as just ignoring me. Click a link, nothing happens except progress bar moves a bit. Get bored with waiting, click link again and it works.

That’s a classic symptom of one server in a cluster being down. The load balancer hasn’t figured it out yet and sends a proportion of the requests to the dead server.

Mark

It’s DDOS related. Looks like we have been targeted. Still trying to track down the exact source but some temporary fixes are in place so hopefully you should be noticing an improvement.

scotroutes

I blame the Ukraine thread…

Keva
    Free Member

It’s been working as per usual for me since this morning. No bad gateway errors but the usual slow response. It’s not crashed my browser yet today like it has been doing the last week or two.

it just did!

CountZero

It’s DDOS related. Looks like we have been targeted. Still trying to track down the exact source but some temporary fixes are in place so hopefully you should be noticing an improvement.

I can remember the last major one of those!

This time it’s probably a troll farm in Russia getting peevish ‘cos we keep ripping the piss out of Putin!

bigblackshed

Had a 502 error yesterday on the “When your mate’s missus” thread. But it resolved itself with a page refresh.

But what I had noticed was DMs are not generating an email notification, @ mentions on a thread are though. Last week I had a few messages back and forth and they all had the notification email, then a couple yesterday didn’t.

scuttler

Gateway gone bad innit.

sobriety
    Free Member

Closing down this place via ddos and forcing a bunch of people in the west to get on with their jobs rather than loaf about on here is exactly the kind of “success” that I expect the Russians to achieve.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s more likely to be someone on one of the politics threads has realised they’re losing the argument (with themselves) so trying to bring the site down before they have to concede

leffeboy

kayak23

Here, what’s happened to the little forum icon on the left?
    Hitting the 6 dots top right brings up the left icon bar, and today the forum icon has gone.

desperatebicycle

Its back 😣

I am the GATEKEEPER

Who ya gonna call?

Busta

BearBack
    Free Member

Different forum issue for me..if I click on any of the threads posted by staff linking to a front page article, then the forum freezes. I have to close the tab and come back in.
    If I click the article off the front page then it’s all good.

leffeboy

Should have used plexiglass instead of the real stuff

Mark

13k requests in 10 seconds will do that. Looks like an attack on our server again.

bruneep

Repeatably getting this again with added posting lag

Edukator
    Free Member

The difference this time is that despite the bad gateway message, the post is actually made, unless you get logged out at the same time which sometimes happens.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.