Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 5010 cc v1 owners
  • bubs

I was lucky enough to pick one of these up last year for a bargain price and I think it’s great.

I have a couple of questions:
    Does it normally say just 5010 c on the top tube and only mention cc on the seat tube? I don’t really care if it is a c or a cc other than to know what I actually have.
    Have you tried to long shock it? 125mm is nice but I can’t help thinking that 135mm could be nicer (if 10mm would be noticeable)?

tomhoward

There was a 5010C before they went to the cc and c specs that’s the same as the cc spec (I’ve got one).

Might be worth checking the serial number with SC to see what it is.

I’ve never felt the need for extra travel And wouldn’t want to mess with the geo. Tbh it feels like it has 140 anyway

devbrix
    Free Member

V1’s are great bikes. Wife has the CC and it says C on top tube.

I don’t see any reason not to play with bike geometry. If it works for you great if not then simply revert back. I’ve long-shocked, put an angle headset and a 150mm fork in a Tallboy LTc (135 to 150) in the past without problem – just bought a second hand shock to give it a try and put a longer air shaft in the fork. It was even more fun to ride as it made it much more capable on gnarl and at speed – I rode it at Ard Rock last year.

My wife’s V1 5010 has a 2 degree The Works angle headset in it to slacken it and makes it easier at speed and on really steep stuff – and is more on trend geo. I’ve put offset bushings on my 5010 V2 for same reason

The main issue with long shocking is the tyre touching the seat tube so its a bit of trial and error.  Let’s face it can always revert back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wallop

Yep, I have a CC and it says C.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Very original ones had the original SOLO name before it was changed to 5010 (legal reasons I think?). Yeah may have been C for the original carbon but it got relabeled as CC and C was used for the cheaper stuff. All the same quality, just a difference in weight.

Love my v1 5010 CC. Hadn’t paid attention to the head angle of the v1 but later realised it’s steeper than my other bikes, yet it feels slack. Longer wheel base and cockpit I guess.

I’ve put a 2 degree angleset on my old mk2 Nomad and think that may have gone a bit too far though. I thought it was a steep angle originally but the 5010 is steeper. Now it’s super slack. Still, I like them both but very different rides. The 5010 is my favourite though. So agile and more than enough for the majority of my riding.

tomhoward

(legal reasons I think?)

Rocky Mountain iirc own the name

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘5010 cc v1 owners’ is closed to new replies.