• This topic has 480 replies, 127 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 481 total)
  • 500 Mile a month.
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

6810 miles YTD off 1434 miles in 2013,

amedias
    Free Member

I gave up on endomondo months and months ago, sitting at about 4.8k YTD though so not a big year for me this time.

hilldodger
    Free Member

150 road miles a week, commuting plus a couple of hours midweek ride.
    Maybe 20-30 off road at w/e, certainly my biggest year for a while and last few weeks it’s starting to bite – 6am zombie mode, glad the roads are quiet that early as some days I get to work and can’t remember the ride in at all.
    Never been more bike fit though and hoping to keep going through winter 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

4’700 for me so far. Hit December & really lost interest, the weather is horrible & there’s only so many miles I can log on the turbo.
    Still, its been interesting to see how much work is needed to actually log several thousand miles.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m cracking on, but I’m not chasing the miles. Most of my riding now is broken into either training or riding new places. Gone are the miles for building core fitness, replaced with smiles for training and shorter intensive routines or riding places I’ve never been before taking routes off my Garmin to ride.

So whilst I’m cracking it out every day, I’m not logging miles anymore 😀

brack
    Free Member

4900 for me so far this year… A big slump in mileage for a few months due to baby/ childcare issues. But overall I’m generally pleased with my year.

Well done everyone

scandalous
    Free Member

About 4300 odd which is a PB for me

Tailed to about nothing recently as concentrating on new programme of plyometrics to get me stronger for next years activities. Still, two events in January so need to get back on the dandy horse asap!

disco_stu
    Free Member

500km a month I’ve found quite easy to do, the step up to 500 miles a month I’ve found difficult. I commute pretty much every day but have found it tough to get motivated for the extra miles in at the weekend.
    Planning to do a few events to help with motivation so is this going to run next year?

Gary_M
    Free Member

5779.4 road miles for me so far, riding today so another 20 miles to add to that by the time I get home. Excluding December I’ve averaged 506 miles a month with a only a couple of months where I haven’t ridden more than 500.

My target was always 6000 road miles for the year anyway, rather than 500 a month.

So after today I’ll have 200 miles to do which is easily achievable as long as the ice doesn’t return. I couldn’t ride at all last week due to ice and snow but will have done 160 this week and I should be out at the weekend too.

karnali
    Free Member

I should hit 3500 miles this year not up with the 500 a month club but had major hip surgery in April so pleased with getting to this amount. Aiming for 5-6k next ur and a climbing total as yet not decided.

mudshark
    Free Member

I have about 250km to do by the end of the month to hit my 12,000km for the year; doubt I’ll ever have the time to do such a decent distance again as usually work gets in the way.

ton

6006 miles done as of this morning.
    mission accomplished. 8)

beej

10388km, 6455 miles. I wanted to do 12000km but it all dropped off a bit come October.

rp16v
    Free Member

Is this carrying on this year I started my job in July which cuts off allot of this year I do approx 25miles a day and extra rides on the days off all on endomondo

Gary_M
    Free Member

Last ride of the year done and total is 6,020.66 miles, 72,220m ascent.

I’ve felt fitter in the last quarter of the year than I’ve ever felt, enjoyed every ride even in the pissing rain and howling headwinds and had a great winter so far.

Monthly average is 501.7 and I did have a few months where I didn’t hit 500 miles but got very close apart from a dismal February.

Targets for next year are:

> Increase monthly mileage against 2014
    > More long rides – only did one long ride this year
    > Lots more off road riding
    > Aim for a 1000 mile month
    > More very early morning summer rides – hardly did any this year and I love setting off at first light and home before the family are awake.

All starts again tomorrow.

amedias
    Free Member

Well done Gary, Ton and anyone else who hit their goals!

I’m just shy of 5,000 and still need to ride home 😉

I’m setting new goals next year not based around distance or time, as I think they’ll probably end up about the same as this year, so my goals are all about new experiences

1> Ride somewhere new every month, doesn’t have to be long or hard, just ride somewhere I haven’t ridden before.

2> Try some new events, doing an orienteering event in late Jan, never done one before, gonna try an Audax, stuff like that

3> Race more! Have raced a bit this year, but reminded me how much I love it so going to enter more in 2015

4> Experiment with overnight stops/bikepacking

Gary_M
    Free Member

5000 miles is still good going amedias. I was going to be riding home but my wife just happens to be driving past my office around 3pm and the offer of a lift is to good to turn down. My work is done 🙂

Sue_W
    Free Member

Phew! Finally managed it:
    6,028 miles
    165,093 meters of ascent

Not easy miles – included the Maratona dles Dolomites and the Stelvio, along with numerous hill climbs!

Feels like a massive achievement having spent February and March having tests and operations, so most if all I’ve just been delighted to be able to ride my bike, regardless of how many miles!

Wishing you all many more miles of happy cycling in 2015 🙂

andytherocketeer

congrats to those that accomplished the mission! (think I’m on target to reach 500 miles by next December)

as per that other thread recently, my target for 2015 is not mile munching (been there, done that before).

so will be more like amedias’ list above (minus the events and racing).

go more places, seek out new riding locations (won’t be one *every* month, cos Jan/Feb most weekends will be skiing, etc.), check out all the biergartens nearby (after “earning” that bier), maybe not bike packing but at least get the train somewhere and ride home possibly with a night in a b+b somewhere.

ton

well done to all who managed it. it might not seem a lot of miles to some folk, but to us normal people it is quite a task.
    i am made up that i managed it, after having 6 week off after open heart surgery. but i suprised myself doing it.

next year will be touring based, with a weekend in a new area every month, starting with 2 days in mid wales in a weeks time.

enjoy you 2015 riding, whatever it is. 8)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Fell short at 4750 miles, bit annoyed that my 64 miles today didn’t count – it closed before I got home!
    Actual mileage 4817 miles for the year, over 200’000ft of climbing as well. Would have liked to hit 5000 but there you go.
    Came in on the first page – just!

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

6,113 for me, only log my commuting miles so pretty chuffed with going over the 6k mark just with that.

Well done to everyone.

Vortexracing

Just got my 5000 miles in for the year. Most of which was road/commuting 🙁

saved a fortune of fuel though and lost nearly 1.5 stone in the process, although it’s going back on with this Christmas food and ale.

Good to see you out and about again Ton 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Very poor showing from me on this one. 4784 total but that included running miles too.

Well done to Ton for starting the challenge, I enjoyed watching what was going on. And well done for Ton for doing so well given his heart op.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congratulations to those who hit their goals, particularly @ton post surgery. Very impressive. I have to admit to being intimidated rather than inspired though.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

I failed miserably after injury in September it became unachievable. Think I will have another go at the same challenge for 2015 !

paulmgreen
    Free Member
    TheSanityAssassin

I sneaked back into 4th place with a late season recovery burst. Was doing well (with a target of 8k miles) until a couple of health issues in early/late summer set me back by a good few hundred miles. Finished with 7151, which I’m happy with under the circumstances. Only disappointments for me (disregarding the health issues) were not surpassing my 2013 total of around 7600 miles and the fact that I only managed about 240 miles on the MTB this year.
    I hope someone resets the same challenge for this year as I’ve found it useful.
    Well done to all those that actually completed Ton’s target total of 6000 miles in the year. Also to those that found the challenge as useful as I did and used it as a motivational tool to keep the mileage ticking along when they might otherwise have found something else to do instead.

ton

just joined the new one. not too bothered about distance this year…. 😉

andytherocketeer

snap.
    i’ll try not to be last.

niksnr
    Free Member

Me too. Looking at this to get fitness back up after injury prone 18 months. If I can get anywhere near 6000 by this time next year it’ll be a bonus. Good motivational challenge. Gonna try an unsupported coast to coast (bikepacking). Wales first then maybe North and Scotland depending on success of first one.

rp16v
    Free Member

just joined the 2015 challenge 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

12,000km target hit for me, will carry on with base miles until the Spring but doubt I’ll have the time for so much riding this year so not going for a target this time.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

I think the challenge is a help for motivation for quite a few guys…..

zangolin
    Free Member

Just joined 2015 challenge – always good to see what everyone else gets up to.
    Well done to everyone who met their targets for 2014 – even those who didn’t – any bike riding is good!.
    I topped out at 13,025 miles for 2014 – even impressed myself that that I managed 1,100 miles of that going round in circles at Newport Velodrome.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Well done to all who reached their goal, very impressive. Those that didn’t good luck this year.

wors

Are turbo miles allowed?

njee20
    Free Member

If they’re equivalent to real miles then yes. None of this 30mph for 2 hours lark!

disco_stu
    Free Member

I only managed 3612 miles last year with no 500 mile months but hoping I can get a few in this year.

thebeastofblairadam
    Free Member

I need the motivation so I’ll be joining for 2015……

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘500 Mile a month.’ is closed to new replies.