Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 50 th Birthday Bike trip
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Im 50 next year and have been on biking holidays in the past but only really on Skinny wheels to calpe and tenerife. Anyhoo , Ive always wanted to ride in the Sierra Nevada and pretty familiar with the area having holidayed in Nerja and Malaga a good few times. Im not a downhill god but I can ride most of the tweed valley adequately. Id be looking to taking my own bike (a Trek Slash) and fly from Edinburgh.
    Now im aware there are two main guiding companies in the area and have had friends use both with equally great results. Any advice from the folks on here. Im open to other areas but not really interested in the Morzine bike park route mainly as I cant jump .
    Thanks in advance.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I know the Skedaddle gang and they do Sierra Nevada. Is that one of your two?

Tempted myself actually, at easter..

feed

but not really interested in the Morzine bike park route mainly as I cant jump

don’t be so negative, everyone can jump, it’s the landing that catches people out 😀

Few mates over in SIerra Nevada’s atm. Great weather and trails by all reports. All have been to Finale in Italy a few times which is the go to destination these days. Should be able to give a recommendation of one over the other on Sunday when they’re back. Our group’s May trip will be to one or the other based on reports back.

crashrash

We went with Pure Mountains and have been back. Amazing trails, proper singletrack and not a groomed berm in sight. The farmhouse accom is great and it is a bit more civilised with great food and guiding – highly recommend here. Enduro mag visited and have an article in the latest edition too.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks folks the two I thought of were Ride Sierra and Switch-backs. Finale has been recommended and I also like the look of Hans Reys Casserollo in Livigno . Lots to choose from I guess.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Marco at Ciclo Montana is a gem, as are his good lady wife Jackie too. And if you time it right, the Swedish womens volleyball team. They’re frequently there.

onehundredthidiot

We went to ciclo and did not have a good time. We had 1 guide for a group that got split due to a puncture. And Marco (mark) wasn’t helpful. Ride light, all down apart from the ups and Swedish volleyball team are all pretty much our slang for “bullshit” now.

danti

+1 for Ciclo Montana, they’re great, been with them twice there and also on their Morocco trip.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

And Marco (mark) wasn’t helpful.

That’s contrary to my experience and I’ve been there 3 times.

Do you mean he didn’t fix your puncture?

spicystealth
    Free Member

I’ve been with Sierra cycling a few times some years ago great fun not far from the location you want , they are in FB also

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘50 th Birthday Bike trip’ is closed to new replies.