Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 5 Years After the Avalanche – Chris Bell Racing at the Puffer – Sponsor Us!
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

You may recall that five years ago there was an avalanche in Glencoe that killed four young climbers. One of these was my old racing partner, Christopher Bell, who was only 24 and just coming to the end of a PhD on ocean currents at the Scottish Association for Marine Science. This was only a week before the Strathpuffer, and within a week we managed to raise £23,000 in sponsorship for Glencoe Mountain Rescue competing in the race.
    This year four of us are returning to the Puffer in quite a different state. I’m a stone and a half heavier. Huw has just ridden 850 miles in four days for Lejogmanay. Tom only does social rides. Sam is stuck in the snow in the Alps somewhere. Which will make this all the harder – a great reason for you to sponsor us again, to push us through the night!
    You can sponsor us here –
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/luke-bradley

Chris meant a lot to us – I raced numerous 24 hour races with him. Tom had him lined up for best man (not that Tom had a girlfriend…). Huw and Sam both worked with him at Bike Village.
    Thanks very much.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Bump for the afternoon crowd.

Pyro

I’ll chuck some cash in, munrobiker. Two of those four were friends of mine as well. Rachel was a very old friend from orienteering in the North West Junior Squad. Tom was an orienteer as well, the two of them got together while they were both at Leeds Uni, when I was captain of the orienteering club.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    munrobiker
    Free Member

Thanks Pyro, I’d not met Rachel or Tom but from what I gather they were also really great people.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Five days to go – anything you can spare would be much appreciated!

The pile of kit in my bedroom ready for this is enormous, and it looks like it’ll be an icy one-

NewRetroTom

Looking more like it’s going to be a snowy one to me. Looks like quite a bit of snow is going to come tomorrow, and no sign of any weather to melt it before the weekend.

Fat bikes at the ready!

tjagain

Bump bump bumpity bump

how did you do chaps? Did yo udo him proud? anyone stop for a piddle trackside in his honour?

Some dosh fired your way

crazy-legs

From what I saw of the live results, Chris Bell Racing Team put in 2 of the top 10 fastest laps and were 5th overall in Quad Men’s (out of 111 teams).

Good going Luke!

jamj1974

Chucked a couple of quid in. Good work munrobiker.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I had the privilege of being guided by Chris at Bike Village a few years ago and he was simply brilliant. A few quid coming your way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘5 Years After the Avalanche – Chris Bell Racing at the Puffer – Sponsor Us!’ is closed to new replies.