Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 180 total)
  • 5 weeks ago I was 14.5st…
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Hah !, nice try. You prove to me it was only fat you lost !

You forgotten which point you were arguing?

Solo
    Free Member

You forgotten which point you were arguing?

Nope !, you claimed it was all fat. Thats BS ! Mr Qualified !

crikey
    Free Member

If I need some goalposts moving, would you be free tomorrow Solo?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Of course if we are talking bed ridden patients or those so fat they cant exercise then yes i agree with you but neither me nor the op fall into that catagory

What is interesting are the studys suggesting the more complex a diet is the more likely it is to fail and also those that point out that those studys that are suggesting moving more and eating less dont work are bullshine – bit like mythbusters really.

Its all genetics really obesityis nothing to do with enviroment and expected behaviors at all…. Couldnt possibly get sweaty, must take the car everywhere

Go back even to my grandparents time and being fat was the preserve of the rich or the retired. The working class didnt have the time or money to get fat. Life is too easy and sedantary and many of us will choose the easy life. Many of us will go to the gym and say we worked out when reality is we didnt break a bead of sweat and we will say we are eating less when infact we are not, most move more eat less failures fail because they are not eating less and not moving more.

All observations from my own facebook feed – so will be instantly dismissed under the many anacdotes does not make data rule in favour of heavily skewed strudies into lack weight loss by fat giffers

ojom
    Free Member

I need to bench press a tubby tomorrow. Sadly G is now off my tubster list.

You fancy the job solo?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Ok then. So how much water to store 1g of Carb in the body ?

I have no idea. How much water is needed to store a gram of glycogen or a gram of fat in the body?

Nope !, you claimed it was all fat. Thats BS ! Mr Qualified !

No I said that it seems to all be fat. We’ve had that argument and settled it.

Merak

OP What’s the medication for?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Merak – tricyclic antidepressant.

Solo
    Free Member

I have no idea.
    8)

As I’ve posted earlier and most have chosen to ignore. You’ve lost weight, good for you. Please don’t ruin it by withholding important details about meds or telling folk who know better that its just move more and eat less.

As for the name callers. 😀 You’re big behind your keyboards, but as you can see, I don’t give a shit.

EDIT:
    No I said that it seems to all be fat. We’ve had that argument and settled it
    So you admit you’re guessing ?

crikey
    Free Member

You should try eating less and moving more Solo; if nothing else it might improve your ability to argue your point.

…and you started the name calling.

glupton1976
    Free Member

So your claim:
    Seems to be all fat
    Is just conjecture.
    The presence of the word “seems” would kind of imply that – hence it’s presence.

You got the memory of a fat goldfish?

convert

You’re big behind your keyboards,

I think we might have an inkling who is big behind his keyboard 😉

Solo
    Free Member

Shouldn’t this thread have been titled:

5 weeks ago I was 14.5st… despite the fact that I’m on Carb craving meds ! Yay !.
    8)

That would have set for a quieter night.
    😉

Merak

I lost 10lbs in 3 days last week following a strict no fat no sugar diet. Coincidentally I did interval sessions on my turbo interspersed with running and commuting by bike to work.

It seems watching your calorie intake combined with rigorous anaerobic exercise contributes greatly to weight loss.

I’m doing it again next week. Fwiw I weigh 73 kilos.

tinybits
    Free Member

The drunken rage of solo is a sight to behold. Carry on sir!

Oh and op, fair play.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What difference does me being on appetite stimulating meds make? That was a constant throughout and has been for the last couple of years. I seems to remember asking this question earlier in the thread but did not get an answer. If you do not answer this time I’ll just have to assume that you do not know of a difference.

crikey
    Free Member

Shouldn’t this thread have been titled:

5 weeks ago I was 14.5st… despite the fact that I’m on Carb craving meds ! Yay !.

Why is the reason for weight gain occupying so much of your attention?

The weight loss by calorie restriction added to the extra exercise is the method of weight loss; why are you struggling to comprehend this?

Solo
    Free Member

It seems watching your calorie intake combined with rigorous anaerobic exercise contributes greatly to weight loss. Who have think it!

Solo
    Free Member

The weight loss by calorie restriction added to the extra exercise is the method of weight loss; why are you struggling to comprehend this?

Depends on what weight you’re losing. Why are you struggling to comprehend this ?
    *I don’t need your answer*

crikey
    Free Member

Are you drinking absinthe?

pingu66
    Free Member

As I’ve posted earlier and most have chosen to ignore. You’ve lost weight, good for you.

It was about your tenth post on the subject whereas everyone else said well done straight off the bat, does that not say somethings Solo.

MrPottatoHead

5 weeks ago I was 13st. Then I went on holiday, drank lots of beer, ate lots of food and did no exercise. Now I’m 14st. Probably just a coincidence though.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Ocht – I was hoping for an answer to my question. I’m sad now. 😥

crikey
    Free Member

*I don’t need your answer*

I think you probably need a lie down.

Shred
    Free Member

Well done.

I weighed myself at 105kg (230pounds) about 7 years ago. I was exercising, but eating way too much.
    Cut back on the food and got my weight down to the 80 – 85kg range.
    I am now eating much more and my weight is down to below 75kg due to me training for the Marmotte.

And no, I have not been on any medication.

It has mainly been by cutting out chocolate and other sugar, and understanding what a proper portion of food is (much less than I ever thought)

Solo
    Free Member

Typical of this place. I’ve stated on numerous posts that its good for the OP to have lost weight, esp if they are happy with it.

My issue was with how its claimed its only as simply as move more, eat less.

Most have chosen to ignore this, for a chance to have go. As before, I don’t give a fig what you call me, that you chose to selectively read my posts so as to have a go, only goes to highlight you’re prejudice.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Merak – Member
    OP What’s the medication for?

It was for Soloitis.

Anyhows. Fat,water,muscle.. who cares which it was. It’s gone! I’m still confused by the ‘dear oh dear’,shaking of the head attitude by that guy. It’s no wonder a few folk have left stw because of the asshats that crop up on here. So nasty.

glupton1976
    Free Member

And i’ve asked you to enlighten us all with the information you have as to why it was not a case of moving more and eating less. So far, when I ask you a question where you might need to demonstrate a tiny wee bit of knowledge on the subject of weight loss you have declined to answer.

Fire away. I’m genuinely interested.

Merak

Solo: What do you weigh?

crikey
    Free Member

highlight you’re prejudice.

You are the only one displaying prejudice by implying that weight loss cannot be achieved by eating less and moving more, and by rubbishing those for whom this strategy has worked.

Solo
    Free Member

It was about your tenth post on the subject whereas everyone else said well done straight off the bat, does that not say somethings Solo.

As you have the abacus, how many posts until OP disclosed they were on appetite stimulating meds ?

glupton1976
    Free Member

As you have the abacus, how many posts until OP disclosed they were on appetite stimulating meds ?

How many times do I have to ask you what difference those appetite stimulating meds would make – given that they remained constant throughout?

crikey
    Free Member

how many posts until OP disclosed they were on appetite stimulating meds

..and for the second time, why is the cause of weight gain important?

..and why are you ignoring the method of weight loss?

..and how much have you had to drink?

..and I thought you were going to bed?

smell_it
    Free Member

Given some of the op’s previous on stw, i’m sure he will survive the mental duress of another contributor acting the arse with him. But fair play on the weight loss, good effort op.

scaredypants

I struggle with long sentences AND I’m also not reading all that shit (oh, hang on, I just did)

Solo – I’m sure that you know what you’re talking about or at least you’ve read loads but, on pretty much every one of these recurrent threads, you imply your expertise without passing on any usable information.

Just seems a shame, and a teeny tiny bit condescending, to do so

Solo
    Free Member

Just seems a shame, and a teeny tiny bit condescending, to do so

Well, then like most here, and not surprisingly so. You’ve missed the parts where I’ve congratulated the OP on their weight loss, but only disputed that its only fat thats been lost (still no admission from the OP that using the word ‘seems‘ fools no one) or that weight loss in general is solely about moving more and eating less. Those who cling to their pitchforks have failed to read this or have selectively failed to read this. Thats no surprise also. Theres loads of science out there which shows its a bit more complicated in Humans than move more and eat less. But its easier for the lazy to have a pop at someone who has spent their own money on books and read up on the subject.

8)

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Shred – Member

and understanding what a proper portion of food is (much less than I ever thought)

That’s it in a nut shell, finally some understands. Good work.

Ps wtf is solo all about?

pingu66
    Free Member

Its hugely irrelevant in most cases but you seem incapable of saying “good work mate and well done”.

Whether it was depression, meds, an intimate relationship with his fridge. He is happier and healthier and thats the important issue.

Really why can people just not e nice on here, debate is OK but this is rediculous, he was overweight, he lost some. I am over weight and losing some.

For the record Solo I am overweight as I am fat bastard. I like food and beer far too much. I was eating too much and not moving enough thats why I am overweight, no drugs, never needed anything to stimulate my appetite. Now I move more and eat less I am losing it. Weird but from a survey of two people who do not know each other eating less and moving more seems to be working. Must be a bloody miracle as there is no peer reviewed empirical evidence that simply eating less and moving more should work.

bigrich

last weekend I rode 220km in the mountains. I then went home and ate fish, chips and a loaf of bread. I lost 3kg. In your face, science.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

That wasn’t your issue. Your issue was that the weight lost was only fat.

Your first text post in this thread was

Seems to be all fat that I’ve lost too. Cant be bad.

And you know this, how ?

Although it could be said you clearly have multiple issues.

Those who cling to their pitchforks have failed to read this or have selectively failed to read this. Thats no surprise also

Your congratulations appear to have been prompted by universal distain for the attitude shown in your original posts, as any positive comments from you were posted only after you are criticised.

I’ve got a PhD, but I don’t think it gives me the right to be an arse in a conversation based on my field of expertise.

But its easier for the lazy to have a pop at someone who has spent their own money on books and read up on the subject.

Aaaah, a self-taught expert then?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘5 weeks ago I was 14.5st…’ is closed to new replies.