Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 180 total)
  • 5 weeks ago I was 14.5st…
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

The reason I got fat in the first place was down to the appetite stimulating effect of some long term medication that I need to take. Ignoring food cravings and feeling hungry are things that you get used to pretty quickly it just takes discipline.

BoardinBob

Almost 6lbs per week over 5 weeks. That’s a calorie deficit of over 20,000 per week…

bigrich

hey Solo, if there’s a gap in the literature, why don’t you get a study done? After all, quite a few scientific* studies were inspired by anecdotal evidence.

*nutritionists are not scientists by the way, but it’s nice for them to feel special.

bearnecessities

Solo, have you got beef with the OP?

Sure, physical mechanics involve more than do more & eat less cake, but it’s an excellent basis from which to start.

What ultimately works is being ‘in tune’ with your own body & metabolism, which people will become upon sustained dietary control & exercise – papers/studies/diets are useless once that point is reached.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Solo, you’ve come across as a right bell end on this I’m afraid.

Solo
    Free Member

solo – you presume Err, no I do not I was always a slim racing whippet – you are wrong.
    i once tipped the scales at 15 stone.
    then i discovered exercise and eating less.
    and it worked
    [b]For me[/b] Although I can’t explain how exactly my body has achieved this weight reduction. I can’t tell you how healthy I am on the inside nor whether I can continue to maintain my lower body fat percentage, once I stop racing.

T, FTFY.
    😉

5 weeks ago I was 14.5st and today I’m 12st 4lbs and that the method I used to achieve this was to eat less and move more. It really is simple stuff.
    Let me take this chance to congratulate you. Sincerely, thats good work, well done !
    However, I know you’ll forgive me for pointing out that for someone who appears to know little about the details, claiming that its nothing more than moving more and eating less. Might attract some comment !

How heavy are you Solo?
    I’m fine thanks.
    😉

And Solo – what are your qualifications that allow you to fully understand all of those reams of research?
    I get by 😉 How about you ? how are you getting along, buying and reading all the text that you have, recently.
    *reading list*

trail_rat
    Free Member

Since i dont have access to the uni libraries or papers back catalogue ill leave you with this before i head to bed to get up and move more in the morning – pre breakfast

http://psychcentral.com/news/2010/01/13/complex-diets-prone-to-failure/10727.html

glupton1976
    Free Member

Boardinbob – cycling burns around 1000kcal/hr. Cycle for 15 hours and there you have 15000kcal in one day. Running for an hour burns a similar amount of kcal per hours, run an hour every night and you have 7000kcal per week. Martial arts – similar hourly kcal burn – three hours of that – 3000kcal – that’s 25000kcal per week of exercise.

Add in an active job, walking too and from that job and the stuff that your body needs just to survive then it’s not all that difficult to see how a kcal deficit of 20000/wk can be achieved. This weekend I will be riding for around 20-22 hours in saturday…

Solo
    Free Member

The reason I got fat in the first place was down to the appetite stimulating effect of some long term medication that I need to take

LMFAO !, like that should have been posted at the start ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Also who races ? Gave up racing as a hobby many years ago, you mean surely , if i can maintain it when im confined to my bed unable to move ?

Solo
    Free Member

move more in the morning – pre breakfast

Aye, just the way I like it.

GrahamS

glupton: face the facts man. Solo can scientifically prove, with research papers and everything, that you haven’t actually lost any weight and your belly disappearing is pure coincidence.

😆

(well done lad – good effort!)

crikey
    Free Member

So although losing weight is the goal that has been achieved, we need to understand it to make it acceptable?

…and we’re morons?

bearnecessities

Oh FFS this is stupid now. Well done OP, don’t bite. Solo, you’re being an arse!

Night!

don’t bite

Oooh, see what I did there?!

Solo
    Free Member

you mean surely , if i can maintain it when im confined to my bed unable to move ?

No mate, I mean when you post about how fat you use to be, but forget to tell folk you were on a drug/medication which induces weight gain……..
    😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ah ok , when i get some of those il be sure to post.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Solo – what qualifications do you have?

I have relevant qualifications – people know what qualifications I have on here. Part of my job is health promotion – giving people advice on how to lose weight and maintain a health lifestyle.

I’m also still on that medication which has an appetite stimulating effect. Never missed a day. 🙄

bigrich

most weight loss studies use obese diabetic post menopausal KFC bucket hosing giffers as a study group, as they’re the ones who get ill.

moderately fit healthy blokes who’ve been on the pies a bit so need to drop a few kg’s are a sadly neglected group.

letmetalktomark

Well done OP

Solo earlier ….

glupton1976
    Free Member

Thanks for all the support from everyone who has been positive. I’m going to try and lose another stone and then maintain my weight at that. My knees are feeling a lot better for it and I think that keeping the weight off will reduce the OA risk.

Solo
    Free Member

I’m also still on that medication which has an appetite stimulating effect. Never missed a day

Well, I’m sorry you aren’t well and that you need meds. However, don’t you think you should have divulged this very important fact ?

As you’re qualified in the dogma which prevails at the moment. Have you considered widening your research beyond that which has been prescribed to you by your mentors ?

Yeah, its late, I better go now.

For the record, congrats on the the weight loss. If you think its just as simple as move more eat less, then imo, you’re wrong. Also, for whatever you need the meds for, again, bum deal 🙁 and I can only tell you that I hope you get better, if thats possible.

crikey
    Free Member

Yeah, its late everyone seems to have a very low opinion of my contributions, I better go now

Night..

Solo
    Free Member

Original post:

glupton1976 – Member

… just weighed myself tonight. I’m now 12st 4.

All I did was cut down on the food and did more exercise.

Feel a hell of a lot better for it too.

No mention of weight inducing meds…..
    Tut, tut.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye his anti psychotics are playing havok with his insides.

crikey
    Free Member

..you are ignoring my weight loss, probably because it doesn’t fit your ideal.

No problem, it’s still gone.

Night night.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What difference would mentioning appetite stimulating meds have made given that I was still taking them throughout? Note I use the term appetite stimulating rather than weight inducing. Only thing that induced weight is more food/less exercise.

Solo
    Free Member

Aye his anti psychotics are playing havok with his insides.

Actually, its been a bit of a troll thread.

OP posts how losing weight it nothing more than moving more and eating less, knowing this Forums persuation to argue this point. But forgets [/i] to mention the important fact that the OP is on weight gain inducing medictation.

Oh dear !

jambalaya
    Free Member

@glupton congrats from me and thanks for sharing the story ….

ojom
    Free Member

solo – you’ve missed your meds by the sound of things.

Solo
    Free Member

Glupton.

You posted facts on your weight loss without revealing the entire picture. That you take meds which stimulate your appetite.

Again, if you’re happy, I am too, but please do not lecture me on how its just a case of move more and eat less.

crikey
    Free Member

It really is your bedtime.

ojom
    Free Member

Don’t tell me – it’s your thyroid isn’t it solo?

glupton1976
    Free Member

OK then Solo – you provide me with the evidence that it wasn’t the cycling thousands and running hundreds of miles whilst limiting my food intake that made me lose weight.

bigrich

if you was on meds, you did probably piss out half the weight loss, mind you OP.

Solo
    Free Member

solo – you’ve missed your meds by the sound of things.

Oh, the ironing. Sound… Erm, you can hear me ?
    😆

So who needs the meds ?

glupton1976
    Free Member

The meds in question gave me carb cravings. Not a lot of fluid retention going on.

Solo
    Free Member

OK then Solo – you provide me with the evidence that it wasn’t the cycling thousands and running hundreds of miles whilst limiting my food intake that made me lose weight.

Hah !, nice try. You prove to me it was only fat you lost !

convert

I feel a bit sorry for him. Someone posts a nice positive, non preachy post about getting a bit of control and feeling healthy (and lighter) for it and he feels the need to be an asshat. Not only that he feels compelled to find himself an “amusing” image to illustrate his point. I wouldn’t want to live in his world – it must be a bit sad. I’m guessing a bit lonely.

Well done you op.

Solo
    Free Member

The meds in question gave me carb cravings. Not a lot of fluid retention going on.

LMFAO and you claim to be qualified ?

Ok then. So how much water to store 1g of Carb in the body ?

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Well that was a fun read! The op shares his good news that he is off the tubby list by fair means and just gets a load of grief from Solo for not posting his full medical history and backing up his methodology with a **** Harvard system based reference list.

Mental. Just mental.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘5 weeks ago I was 14.5st…’ is closed to new replies.