Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 5 months of waiting is over here too (more new bike content)
  • IanMmmm
    Free Member

Collected my new Nicolai AFR today. In traditional style, here are a few pics for your enjoyment – or not if you’re a hater of the industrial style of these machines…

More at this link: http://goo.gl/klk0

I will try to get some more when it’s light tomorrow. Probably riding this tomorrow, so absence of photos will probably mean I’m in hospital.. 😀

Edit: I did mention this in my post in the ‘Nicolai bikes are ugly’ thread, but I should say that I got the frame and most of the parts from Moonglu in Ripon and they did they the build for me, and they were super – really helpful and very competitive too! Thanks guys.

stumpy01

Man, that is gorgeous!!

Was confused by the teeny chainring, but I take it that’s Hammerschmidt?

Shorty121
    Free Member

lovely bike bit more travel than I would need but it’s a good looking bike

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Indeed it is. Obviously it’s the solution to a problem that doesn’t exist though, so it’s probably useless.

I think the extra ground clearance and it’s seemingly indestructible build quality will be pretty useful for the stye of riding I’m going to be using this for.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Very nice.

tomhughes46

That looks stunning, but two questions:

It’s clearly a no expense spared build. Why those forks?

How tall are you? It looks huge!

Kato

hubba hubba!

Proper nice that fella

lister

now THAT’S a mountain bike!

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I’m 6 ft 1 and the stand over is fine. It’s a large. I did try a medium for stand over but it was too cramped with a short stem.

The forks are the Ti sprung RC3 so they aren’t exactly cheap. I’ve heard great things about them so I thought I would give them a shot. Possibly will get some Fox 40s or 36 Van 180s if they don’t work out. Much better warranty provision on the Bombers though.

messiah
    Free Member

That is lush… enjoy.

Wookster

Just went ooohh out loud mate very very nice!!!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

WOW – totally out of curiosity, how much to build it up in that spec?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Should have been nearly £6.5k if everything was at list price – I paid quite a lot less than that, but still a lot.

roper
    Free Member

What a well put together bike. I can’t imagine there is anything you would not try on that. I hope you don’t have many others, I doubt they will get much use.

tomhughes46

The forks are the Ti sprung RC3 so they aren’t exactly cheap.

Yes, sorry, wasn’t meaning they were cheap, just wondering why not Floats or even BOS. Would like some Ti 55s, but despite the warranty have seen too many failures to trust ‘zocchi!

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Well, I really wanted coil rather than air sprung – as weight isn’t really a key factor and I much prefer way a coil feels over big terrain. The other option that I seriously considered was the new 180mm Fox 36 Van, but you can’t get these in a 1.5″ steerer and I’d already ordered the frame when the final specs were announced and this became clear, so I decided to stick with the Marz as originally planned.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It does look well mean.

kimbers

that is lush,

and id have specced the same forks if i was spending the cash!

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

The brakes look ace in black too!
    Factory 😉

nickc

Really nice looking bike. Skinny tubes? or just the pictures?

the_lecht_rocks

here’s dippers AFR…i don’t get them………………?

waY TOO much bike for the UK however…..

http://www.gravity-sports.co.uk/demo-bikes/17-nicolai-helius-afr.html

IanMmmm
    Free Member

@ skidsareforkids – good spot on the custom brakes. Nice aren’t they?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘5 months of waiting is over here too (more new bike content)’ is closed to new replies.