5 door, sporty hatchback

Home Forum Chat Forum 5 door, sporty hatchback

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • 5 door, sporty hatchback
  • Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog

On on STW could you get people suggesting diesel engined cars when someone’s after a sporty hatchback.

You forgot the estate bit. Estates, if you weren’t aware, are like the sportier versions of hatchbacks. I can remember as a kid being in awe my neighbour’s Volvo estate. I’ve wanted one ever since.

It’s no coincidence that they’re driven by proper experienced drivers with decades of motoring under their belts.

Seriously though, if fun and performance is what you’re after, a diesel estate fits the bill far better than some chavved-up hatchback. You can even get them chipped for ultimate power.

Mk 5 Golf GTI, forget paying extra for an Edition 30, £275 for a remap and mines now running 260bhp on standard everything surprisingly I now get 38mpg with the cruise on at 75mph rather than the 36 I was getting as standard. And it goes like hell when required. Better than the 2 Imprezas I’ve had before

Premier Icon twonks

I had a 2007 Octavia vRS tfsi from new for 3 years.

Had more than a few Fabia vRS diesels try it on and not one could keep up, so I struggle with the notion that they are faster.

Torque is fine, but diesels run out of gears when really pushing on.

As a fast hatchback, one of the 170+ hp diesels would fit the bill, but a fast and fun car imho it has to be petrol

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘5 door, sporty hatchback’ is closed to new replies.