Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 5 10's need re-soleing….possible?
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I thought I’d read somewhere that you can get 5 10’s re-soled. Is this true and who’s doing it? As far as I know Addidas bought Fiveten so don’t know if it’s still possible.

extremenik
    Free Member

There was a company in Chesterfield who did this, they have been in the mags on on the foums a few years back!

deft
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

To be honest though, the uppers are shite. Why not get the sole put on a decent waterproof shoe or boot instead?

APF

tymbian
    Free Member

@ alexpalacefan..

…why are the uppers shite? I’ve had mine 3 years, given them loads of abuse. They don’t claim to be a waterproof shoe…

highclimber
    Free Member

if it’s just the dotty stealth rubber, torquil from Llanberis resoles (link above) can do them. he’s a brilliant guy and did an excellent job of my trashed climbing shoes.

heihei

HIghly recommend Feet First in Chesterfield. They stuck some dotty rubber on a pair of Inov8 boots which are working a treat in the snow!

alexpalacefan

Well, any water, at all, anywhere, and they soak it up. Don’t get me wrong, I love mine, just wish they weren’t so deliquescent.

If I had the choice, I’d have stealth rubber on a waterproof shoe.

APF

johnellison
    Free Member

Highly recommend Feet First in Chesterfield. They stuck some dotty rubber on a pair of Inov8 boots which are working a treat in the snow!

Seconded. They put some on an old pair of my Nike 6.0 Mogans. Hey-presto! Sticky bike shoes at half the price of a pair of 5-10s

torquil
    Free Member

Hi I’m Torquil from Llanberis Resoles and deft is right I can put a dotty sole on bike shoes. I don’t use the 5.10 rubber though I have Vibrams version which is pretty similar but a bit longer lasting. They are both pretty good to be honest and super grippy. I just did a nice pair of Shimano AM41’s which came out well

Just putting dotty rubber on a nice pair of Shimano MTB shoes…. I'd like a pair if these.

Posted by Llanberis Resoles on Monday, February 25, 2013

more details here

http://www.llanberisresoles.com/pages/dotty.html

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘5 10's need re-soleing….possible?’ is closed to new replies.