Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 45mm Wide 29″ Rim
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Scrapers (1st choice) are out of stock ’till August

What else would folk recommend?

Can be carbon or alu

Cheers

MrTricky
    Free Member

Halo vapour 50 has worked for me (45 internal)

bedmaker

If you want carbon, then Nextie are hard to see past. They make lovely stuff, and you can spec most rims iirc with thicker sidewalls for extra bombproofness.

If you wanted to go up to 50mm, then the unloved Surly Rabbit hole is a smidge lighter than the Scraper, and currently being sold off very cheap by Ison. Mate got a pair recently for about £40 each. They were £150 originally….
    I’ve used them for years and they are solid.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Thanks guys – just ordered a Halo 50

LBS has been saying they can’t find any 45 internals – Scraper out of stock until August, and pretty sure they mentioned Halo too – we’ll see if it comes through…

Bedmaker – bit reluctant to go Rabbit hole route. Had one a while back and it repeatedly sprang leaks. Also, I have a Mule foot 50 at present which is cracking around the spoke attachments and is a similar design to the Rabbit hole

tuboflard

I was going to recommend some Velocity Dually rims, very happy with my wheels I’m running them on. Looks like I’m too late though…!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Ta TF – if the Halo doesn’t make it through, I’ll look at your suggestion

firestarter
    Free Member

Bedmaker where can you get them at that price ison looks like full rrp ta

bedmaker

Think you’d need to speak to a bike shop with an ID account firestatrer. IIRC they had the polished ones and the gold ano left.
    Be interesting to see what Surly replace them with.

I’ve also used the Halo 50mm rims in B+ flavour. They are really good, work flawlessly tubeless.

johnnystorm

The Surly bikes that came with Rabbit Holes now come spec’d with Alex MD 40s. No point making niche parts when off the shelf tubeless versions are available.

firestarter
    Free Member

Ah ok thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘45mm Wide 29″ Rim’ is closed to new replies.