Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 42 points on license and still driving…
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

…..well, if he can get insurance that is….
    http://m.essexchronicle.co.uk/Essex-driver-gets-42-points-licence-months-doesn/story-26826597-detail/story.html

Bloody ridiculous though. WGAS if he looses his job. Should have thought of that first. Grumble grumble…..

johnnystorm

From underneath that story:

“In a recent case, a man was jailed for four months when he tried a series of tricks to avoid a fine or speed awareness course after he was seen driving at 58mph in a 50mph limit area on the A127 at Rayleigh.

“He gave two false names, two false addresses, information about two fictitious company secretaries and produced a false used car invoice in an attempt to avoid detection. In the end he appeared at Basildon Crown Court where he admitted perverting the course of justice.”

What a load of hassle to avoid the least harsh punishments going! 🙄

seadog101

If you really need to drive for your job, but have been a moron behind the wheel, can’t we just give lease these people the crappiest government issue vehicle possible?

Something like an electrically powered Trabant, limited in speed, and in a safety orange type colour. with a list of their offences painted on the outside.

All other road users will be bound by law to point and laugh.

spooky_b329

Reading Guy Martins autobiography, it seems he managed something similar and got away with it by the skin of his teeth. (well over 12 but nothing near 42)

D0NK

“We would ask members of the public to let us know if they have concerns about his driving.

I’ve got concerns about his driving, he’s got 42points you muppets, get him off the road ffs.

Pickers

FFS one was 109 in a 50 limit. That’s really not a an oversight, that’s I really don’t give a monkey’s about the consequences or anybody/anything else.
    Arrogant little shit frankly.

edhornby

WGAS if he looses his job. Should have thought of that first.

couldn’t agree more, especially when they apply that leniency to celebs who don’t actually need to drive

trail_rat
    Free Member

give him a 50cc moped licence.

JOB DONE !

T1000
    Free Member

surgically attached snow shoes should do the job

bigyinn
    Free Member

I though doing over the ton on a motorway was an instant ban, how does 109 in a 50 not qualify for the same?
    As for the nervous breakdown thing, hmmm.

sandwicheater

How will he be able to afford the insurance, tis crazy.

No pudding and a kick in the slats for that chap.

martinhutch

We would ask members of the public to let us know if they have concerns about his driving.

I believe this may be Essex Police shorthand for ‘the magistrate is a sucker, and we are pulling out the stops to make sure that this guy finds himself in court on another motoring offence ASAP.’

riddoch

they could have banned him but they have choice over the length, ive heard of people being banned for as little as a week. Probably the same I’ll lose my job argument.

slowoldman

“Lose my job”. Tough shit.

whitestone
    Free Member

A few months ago I was heading in to Morrisons in Skipton just as the security guards collared a bloke in his 60s heading out of the door. Here’s the local paper’s report: http://www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/11822478.Man_jailed_after_stealing_meat_from_Skipton_store/?ref=mr

I sometimes think five days in jail for certain offences or getting a certain number of points would help focus minds.

slowoldman

Erm… Had previous and was already on a suspended sentence. The outcome was obvious – as it should have been with this other joker.

bigyinn
    Free Member

No sympathy, if something is so critical to your way of life, you should be a little more careful in looking after it.

whitestone
    Free Member

Indeed.

You can’t get to 42pts without already being (well) over the 12pt limit http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingoffencespenalties.htm

taxi25
    Free Member

@ whitestone.
    The article linked to says all seven if his speeding offences were committed over a short period . They were all dealt with by the court at the same time receiving 6pts for each offence giving him the total of 42. Prior to attending court his licence would have been clean.

cookeaa

Smacks of the attitude that a driving licence is considered a right rather than an earned privilege…

Why have a simple set of rules and a clear scale of penalties if you’re just going to disregard it all based on some sob story…

Just **** ban the twunt! Till the points have elapsed and then retest him…

Why is this fella so much more special than Chris Huhne?

whitestone
    Free Member

TBH I didn’t read the original link – doh!

Usually a “short period” means a matter of hours not months. I’m surprised he didn’t get pulled before he got seven offences to his name.

MoreCashThanDash

There should be no way out of losing your license – the whole point is to punish you, deter others, and make the roads safer.

Zero tolerance – even if the bans are only a couple of weeks, ban them. Make them see how precious that license is.

welshfarmer

Just heard this on the news. I reckon the judge and the plaintiff will be having a laugh about it over a brandy down the Lodge this evening

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmmmm. That wouldn’t surprise me….

jimbobo
    Free Member

i have to have a driving license for my job, therefore I drive appropriately and safely. I also have to avoid getting a criminal record, so i don’t kill people.

Northwind

I work with young adults, so I avoid being a sex offender. I guess I’m doing it wrong, I just need to bang a load of under age girls then say “But I’ll lose my job!”

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

There was a guy last year in Swindon still driving with 36 points on his licence.Crazy.

KonaTC

It’s not what you know it’s ….

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘42 points on license and still driving…’ is closed to new replies.