• This topic has 46 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by pdw.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • 417 Flyup, uplift day, Sunday 12th Dec
  • joebristol

Ah – just found I went mid 2019 – maybe it’s ‘new blue’ on Strava? Not sure which bike I was on but had a 1.53 down it. I quite enjoyed that trail just for a couple of quick runs trying to get a little bit of air where possible. Could not ride it all day though!

weeksy

There’s another race on the 6,th Feb if anyone fancies it?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/255638/2022-Go-Ride-Downhill-Series-Round-1

pdw
    Free Member

Anyone know what the kids racing is like? I know next to nothing about DH racing, but I have a 7yo who’s very enthusiastic about going downhill, and 417 is fairly local for us.

weeksy

it’s a ‘simple’ course mate and we’ve seen kids as small as 3 on a balance bike ride it. There’s usually a gear bunch of under 6’s and under 9s, with 10-15 in each Cat. Sure some of them are a bit slower, but they get down 🙂
    best part is that you’ll see full DH bikes to bikes with pink tassles and baskets… it’s a full bunch of happiness.

pdw
    Free Member

Sounds good – we did an uplift day at 417 just before Christmas and he loved it.

weeksy

I also found out last time you can buy a 5 uplift pass for £15.

They stamp it each time till your 5 is done. So easy to get 3 practice runs and 2 races runs. We’ll be doing that for the lad this time.

pdw
    Free Member

Turns out he’s got a party on the 6th 🙁 Hopefully we’ll make the next one.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘417 Flyup, uplift day, Sunday 12th Dec’ is closed to new replies.