Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • 40th Birthday – What to do?
  • kayla1
    Free Member

edited to add- it’s just another year. Spend as much time doing as much stuff you enjoy as possible, not just ‘special’ dates! 😀 Fancy a day off to ride your bike? Off you pop…

kayla1
    Free Member

add again- I got my other half a speedway experience day which he enjoyed/feared in equal measure 😆

weatheredwannabe
    Free Member

And the difference between 39 to 40 and 40 to 41 will feel …………….exactly the same, one gets bored with it all really, currently @ 53 .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I did nothing.

I tend to ignore my birthday every year and make every possible effort to ensure that as many other people forget/don’t know as is humanly possible.  I think I got bored of it being a let down years ago to be honest!  (Plus since I haven’t attempted to celebrate a birthday since 29 I am never ageing… it’s like an alternative Dorian Grey experiment…)

So… do something if it’s what you want, hide in a cave and throw stones at anyone coming near if you would rather – it’s all good!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mrs Ws organised a gathering of about 15/20 people the night before whisking me and the kids off on a canal boat. Sounds boring but it was such a laugh and a total suprise. Waaaay too much beer was consumed. Kids had a blast. It was great to be with the people who I love very dearly.

LD
    Free Member

Spent 3 days paddling down the Royal Dee and camping out with friends. Then went to Crieff Hydro with family for the weekend and went wakeboarding. No regrets. Kind of echo’s the much share thought of “Do stuff you enjoy”.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@gecko76 you threw yourself of a flyover leaving only your half finished bike as some kind of shrine?

kilo

Went to the Ghent6, one of the racers got killed in front of us, up, until then a good night out.

waliboy

It was mine a couple of weeks ago so I did the Strathpuffer with some good mates to celebrate. It was a weekend spent with friends, with hundreds of like-minded people and some peaceful pedalling moments on my own at times in the best winter weather I’ve ever experienced in Scotland. Riding bikes, having fires and loving being outside. The birthday and particularly the age aspect was incidental really, it was just an excuse to bring people together. Making time for that sort of thing seems to be more and more difficult when juggling family responsibilities and dealing with other aspects of life that many of us face around that sort of age. If a seemingly significant birthday can act as a catalyst for the coming together of friends and/or family or to do motivate you to do things that you love then to me that is time well spent

damascus
    Free Member

It’s mine in june but we’ve just had our first child. It’s like I’ve got my present early! I think based on my current state I’ll be too tired to do anything. Sleep would be really nice right now! 🙂

damascus
    Free Member

But I’m hoping it will involve the bike, a tent and riding with my mates.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mine is in September. I was vaguely intending to take a trip to Talent, Oregon and buy a Jones Plus, then ride around in Oregon for a bit. But I’ve bought YoGrant’s Jones  off of here now, so I’ll probably not go to Oregon.

🙂

mahalo

i fancy summiting Mont Blanc, or maybe that tour du Mont Blanc backcountry riding week Whiteroom run… or even do both in one hit!?

prezet
    Free Member

Seems to be lots of folk buy a new bike, maybe it’s a good excuse to the missus 😀

franksinatra

I’m off to Iceland next week with the Mrs, (kids staying at home with Grandparents)

Various family members are clubbing together to buy me a canoe for paddling trips with the kids (for present)

Off to Center Parcs next month (for Mumsnet connection)

typer
    Free Member

It’s my 40th on Monday. Me and the wife are going to New York next thursday for a few days without the kids. Got nothing planned for the actual day (at work) but I’ll hopefully get out for a ride this weekend with my mtb mates and maybe organise a night out for a curry/beers as well 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Just came to this thread to make sure someone said C&H…

Well done binners

As you were

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘40th Birthday – What to do?’ is closed to new replies.