Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 40th Birthday celebrations! ….do I……options?
  • jekkyl

It’s my 40th birthday in Jan 2015 so looking at a trip away probably around about May 2015. The wife has okay’d a week away, got it down to 3 choices, do I…..

A) a mad dogs style sunshine trip away with the lads, ideally Ibiza but more likely Benidorm or similar to keep costs down. This trip would likely attact about 10 lads, some of which might chose it as their 40th celebration too. Hire an apartment for a long weekend, load up on ale, food and sunshine.

B) a mini euro cycle tour. Drive to Dover, foot passenger with bike on ferry, plan a route cycling through France, Belgium, bits of Holland ;o) and ending somewhere in northern Germania, Dusseldorf possibly, get the train back to Calais. This would very likely either be solo or up to 4 lads.

C) Do the Alps: 4/5 days in the alps, destination to be decided. Fly if we can afford it and hire bikes or probably more likely go with my mate in his van with bikes and tents. Maybe get a couple of days guiding riding in. Would probably be just me n mar mate. Quite like the idea of a road trip with this one, taking a whole week and stopping somewhere for half a day on way there and way back, just to see some more of the world.

There are aspects of every scenario that I like but they all seem to be as good as each other….thoughts?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Is mine today…..so I rode up snowdon.As you do 😕

camo16
    Free Member

1 vote for Alps

All of the best bits of (A) and (B) with extra mountains. Therefore, most cool and memorable of the bunch. Winner.

jekkyl

Happy Birthday Mr Rorschach 😀 Something epic for tea?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Alps. You could do a couple of days biking and then meet the other lads down in the south of france for the ale and sunshine thing.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Taaa Jekkyl.Does a chippy tea qualify as epic?Might have a Leffe though.

theotherjonv

my mate rented a villa in Marbella for a week (out of season) and just invited people to come and stay for as long or short as they could make it for. I and some other mates made it for 3 days, any longer and i think we’d have died.

Fabulous memories, if I had any.

Straightliner

One thing to scupper the riding plan – proper high Alps may not be much of a goer in May, depending on the snow that falls during the winter season. Also, most lifts won’t be open at that time to get anywhere so you’ll be riding up.

lucien

Alps, as kinky sex not on the cards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘40th Birthday celebrations! ….do I……options?’ is closed to new replies.