Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • £400 for a saddle?
  • Dancake
    Free Member

most of my cars have cost less than that

markd
    Free Member

dont even start me as to why that saddle is very bad for your soft bits!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    julianwilson
    Free Member

mmmm, slam your goolies into your water bottle?

A nice horse saddle costs £400. Think of the materials and workmanship that goes into that.

Bonkers.

swamp_boy

People who bought that saddle also paid £13.99 for a bag for their shoes – nuff said

zaskar
    Free Member

Yep I have reviewed and tested a few of their saddles.

They are extremly comfortable but also expensive.

Spesh Toupe is pretty good too.

Overshoot
    Free Member

Marc Beaumont or whoever that Scot was who rode around the world used a non-carbon version of this. Says a lot, but i dont understand why its unique shape commands such a high price!

DrP

Designed to eliminate the turbulence of air flow…

Is a saddle on a push bike really the biggest culprit of air flow turbulence??
    Surely not!

DrP

dooge
    Free Member

I love it, Roadies are nuts! Im guessing they probably do, but they can probably save more weight going for a number 2!

The only review on it says he could tear up the pavement for four hours. Id have thought the road would be more appropriate surely? 😀

CountZero

Well, I can see why it would be comfortable in a padded version, with the space down the middle, but an unpadded carbon version? Mmmm, not sure, plus I thought the £100 I spent on a Ti-railed Brooks Swift was a stupid amount to spend on a saddle.

markd
    Free Member

that slot is a bad thing.

all it does is increase pressure along the edges of your perineum. if you look at a pressure map of saddles like that it pretty scary. the more weight you place on less area then the pressure increases accordingly. correct support is what you need from a saddle not aerodynamics.

zaskar
    Free Member

Have you sat on it?

I found them comfy as hell.

Look at your current saddle-bend your truck not roll yourself to the drops etc otherwise yes you will squash your perenium.

Increase your flexibility, strengthen your mid section and get any saddle that hits your sit bones.

Sorted. But not everyone is built the same and these saddles are a life line for aero positions who role their body forward.

markd
    Free Member

or you could just get fitted for an sq lab 611 and get all that for £80 albeit made from leather and titanium.

proper support for sitbones, step shelf for pressure releif, narrow nose for muscles etc.

really quite nice.

fisha
    Free Member

Is a saddle on a push bike really the biggest culprit of air flow turbulence??
    Surely not!

maybe its curved for ar5e end exhaust flow turbulence?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I used to have one of those but found it a bit cheap and carbon fibrey so I got myself one of these instead.

JxL
    Free Member

I could find a better way to save 100g for £400

13thfloormonk

I’ve always been on the lookout for saddles with a sympathetic nose for steep climbs. Problem is my form vs. function limit is reached with the Strike saddles, the whole droopy nose thing is a bit suggestive for my liking as well…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘£400 for a saddle?’ is closed to new replies.